Trusted Contributor

Re: STAGING ON A BUDGET TO SELL

@queendiva, Just curious-when you had your professional cleaning done before showing, what all did the cleaning people do? I'm getting to list my house in a few months and I would love to have this done, but not sure what to ask for or expect. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

@daisyk: For my 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home I used a team of two women.

They will do as much or as little as you want. They cleaned every inch of the kitchen and bathrooms, moved furniture, including sofas and beds, to clean in all the rooms, changed to fresh towels and sheets, dusted everything, cleaned baseboards, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned mirrors and generally touched every surface. Often we overlook cleaning areas of our own homes. It's good to have pros come in with fresh sets of eyes to get it all done in a few hours. I chose to remain on site while they were there to oversee things and to be sure their work met my expectations. In addition, it was much easier and faster to keep the house clean in the days and weeks that followed. The deep cleaning was done- just surface swiping needed to be done on a daily basis. For an additional charge they will clean your fridge and oven. I did those jobs myself.  It was necessary to hire window cleaners separately as housekeepers generally do not do that work.

May I suggest: if you plan to list your house for sale "in a few months" get it ready to list sooner rather than later. Listing in March or April are generally the best times to get it sold fast. See my other lengthy post about selling. You should be doing the prep work right now to be listed for the greatest pool of buyers. Prep for sale may take longer than you think. Best of Luck!

Honored Contributor

This coming holiday weekend is a big weekend for listing homes for sale and open houses.

I am interested to see what homes will be listed for in my development.  Right now there is only one "coming soon" listing.

By Friday there should be more.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@spud188 wrote:

I intended to paint,just don't understand why both realtor and cleaning gals  and also my Brother recommended not to paint.?? I think they are distracting if I was house hunting. So you agree with me. Think I should get another realtors opinion.?? It is a nice modest well built home that needs freshening up IMHO.

Are your murals wall paper or are they painted?

I would not be happy about having to try to remove wall paper that has been painted, nor would I be happy about having painted wall paper in my home.

It is more difficult to remove once it has been painted.

Honored Contributor

@spud188

*****  As someone else suggested, post photos of murals here, if not too personal.

You will get lots of honest opinions!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@queendiva, thanks so much for the detailed advice! We are currently prepping, we had painting to do and we still have a few repairs, but I think we see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I am aiming for April to be on the market. I will look into a cleaning service. I think that would be a great help. Thanks again!