Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

Personally I'd prefer the house be empty!

@nyc1   So do I. That’s how our house was when we looked at it. Empty. Nothing to hide.

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

Personally I'd prefer the house be empty!

@nyc1   So do I. That’s how our house was when we looked at it. Empty. Nothing to hide.

@proudlyfromNJ @nyc1    Me, too.    I have an unconventional decorating style.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Flatbush - Prefer a 'staged' home. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Stage your home that you're selling? We'll it depends if you want to sell it fast and for the highest price! Absolutley stage your home! I complety changed the look of our home when we sold it. It sold lightening fast and for a very high price. Cha ching!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I like to see a house empty.  Easier to see any problems that the owners may be trying to hide and I have a better idea of the space.

Trusted Contributor

Staging my mom's home staged helped get it sold.  I was hesitant at first, but it really didn't look too crowded or staged, or like we were trying to hide something.  Some of the bedrooms were small, and having it staged showed that furniture would fit and look good.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind seeing staged homes, but prefer seeing them empty. Easier to imagine your own things in the rooms, and then of course you can see just how much space there really is, and you aren't distracted by how perfect and pretty everything is...... 

Honored Contributor

As long as it's clean and tidy, it doesn't make much of a difference to me and I'm totally okay with viewing an empty house as well. Great question!

Honored Contributor

In the olden days------when I looked at new  houses to buy--most of them were completely empty to show how large the rooms were--now as I just sold my house in Jan.  it was staged with my stuff but by the realtors people for the pictures for the listing pamphlets----alot was taken out to show the room but every room was staged, I am not a fan of the dining tables that are set up for a feast--that looks tacky to me---but I do like to see the furnishings and decorations for inspiration in my own decorating. Now if it helps me to buy a house---no not really--I would like to see more open space. I think staging has been around ofr many years--used to be a Street of Dreams in my area where a number of brand new pricey houses were staged to the nines that we paid to go thru--maybe 8 to 10 of them on one street--we are talking a few million dollars homes here. that was so fun !!

Trusted Contributor

My niece photographs real estate - mostly high end.  Very little is staged.  Most places are empty.  She hates doing homes that are "lived in" because you have to clear things out to another room or at the very least, to the side.  No one wants to see someone's toothpaste tube on the bathroom sink or grandma's tchotchkes all over the living room - LOL.  I agree with other posters that I'd rather go through an empty house.  Better to know what the floors, walls, etc. really look like and if there are any problems.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: STAGED HOMES FOR SALE ?

[ Edited ]

@Flatbush Are you from Brooklyn?  My whole family is from FLATBUSH and I was born there.