Esteemed Contributor

Re: SPRING TIME TABLE SETTINGS AND A FEW ROOMS

I especially like the teal cabinet, so artfully arranged.

And the Easter dinner china is absolutely adorable and brings happiness to young and all alike. I bring out a few little bunnies and such for Easter, and they are light-hearted and fun.

Esteemed Contributor

Seems like the teal cabinet is a big hit!  It really is a beautiful piece of furniture and that color, wow!   Then the logs in the firplace are not a big hit.  I don't understand that at all, why would you plug up a lovely fireplace like that?   Other than that I really like the sitting room but agree that there is too much white.  I would have a printed couch with a pattern with some teal in it for sure to bring color to the room.  Oh and @Oznell ........I so noticed that little bird on the coat rack and was surprised you didn't mention it, LOL Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, observant @LindaSal --  you are right, I did spot that little chunky green bird cutie, but failed to mention him.   Somehow, no spring tribute is complete without a birdie....

Honored Contributor

I like the first 2 pictures of the dining room best. I especially like the greenery with the wood. I don't think I'd place a runner or tablecloth at an angle like that though. 

The teal cabinet is nice, but I'm not a fan of the white slip covered furniture. I like the painting above the fireplace, but not all the wood in it. I don't care for the cutesy bunny plates. 

Frequent Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Home-decor-076-2.jpg

The blogger at "Decor to Adore" has given a glimpse of her spring/Easter dressed dining room, sitting room, and part of her kitchen breakfast area.  I like the freshness and simplicity of her vignettes-- those moss green plates, so pretty, plus the understatement of the burlap-y linen runner...

Also like:  her painting, those little topiary trees, and the surprise of those quaint mustard colored bean pots (or whatever they are).   I wouldn't think of that color on my own, but it is such a nice counterpoint here...

Home-decor-088-2.jpg

This is welcoming.  There's such a French feeling from her cottage.

spring-040-2.jpg

A sweet sitting room, but I feel it needs warming up a bit?  In this case, too much white?

home-decor-026-2.jpg

home-decor-025-2.jpg

I don't quite feel the rug is doing the space justice.  She did say they are slowly working on each room-- the cottage is a work in progress.   Love her teal cabinet.

home-decor-028-2.jpg

She has done a wonderful job arranging this!  Love the way she has gathered her precious, smaller items, like pretty little gilt framed paintings, and brought them all together in one curio.   I also try to put my smaller items in my one curio cabinet, massed together for more impact.

Botany-007.jpg

By far, this kitchen setting below is my favorite, and it's all due to her china!   Also, love her geraniums (I think?) in the wagon by the window.  I like the fact that she keeps it real too, re-using her woven rattan chargers and the same green goblets from the dining room setting.

Spring-tour-2021-010.jpg

Are these not the most darling plates?

Spring-tour-2021-013-2.jpg

Spring-tour-2021-028-2.jpg

I keep getting distracted by that fabulous china, but love the embroidered tablecloth too.

Spring-tour-2021-038.jpg

A breath of springtime indeed.  Simple, nothing over-done, but refreshingly seasonal.

Spring-tour-2021-029-2.jpg

Ooo, pretty.  

Heyyy!  I have those bean pots.  Better check my garage to see if they're still there....

Honored Contributor

Lucky you, @Nick and Nora --  I love those bean pots, and don't they add just the right note?   Hope you can dig yours up, and find a perfect spot for them!