Honored Contributor

SPRING TIME TABLE SETTINGS AND A FEW ROOMS

Home-decor-076-2.jpg

The blogger at "Decor to Adore" has given a glimpse of her spring/Easter dressed dining room, sitting room, and part of her kitchen breakfast area.  I like the freshness and simplicity of her vignettes-- those moss green plates, so pretty, plus the understatement of the burlap-y linen runner...

Also like:  her painting, those little topiary trees, and the surprise of those quaint mustard colored bean pots (or whatever they are).   I wouldn't think of that color on my own, but it is such a nice counterpoint here...

Home-decor-088-2.jpg

This is welcoming.  There's such a French feeling from her cottage.

spring-040-2.jpg

A sweet sitting room, but I feel it needs warming up a bit?  In this case, too much white?

home-decor-026-2.jpg

home-decor-025-2.jpg

I don't quite feel the rug is doing the space justice.  She did say they are slowly working on each room-- the cottage is a work in progress.   Love her teal cabinet.

home-decor-028-2.jpg

She has done a wonderful job arranging this!  Love the way she has gathered her precious, smaller items, like pretty little gilt framed paintings, and brought them all together in one curio.   I also try to put my smaller items in my one curio cabinet, massed together for more impact.

Botany-007.jpg

By far, this kitchen setting below is my favorite, and it's all due to her china!   Also, love her geraniums (I think?) in the wagon by the window.  I like the fact that she keeps it real too, re-using her woven rattan chargers and the same green goblets from the dining room setting.

Spring-tour-2021-010.jpg

Are these not the most darling plates?

Spring-tour-2021-013-2.jpg

Spring-tour-2021-028-2.jpg

I keep getting distracted by that fabulous china, but love the embroidered tablecloth too.

Spring-tour-2021-038.jpg

A breath of springtime indeed.  Simple, nothing over-done, but refreshingly seasonal.

Spring-tour-2021-029-2.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: SPRING TIME TABLE SETTINGS AND A FEW ROOMS

I find everything absolutely lovely.  The curio is beautiful and the decor placed perfectly on the shelves.  I am a fan of the kitchen set, the print curtains and of course the plates are adorable!  As far as the furnishings, everything has appeal.  I am not usually a fan of white couches and chairs and would prefer a light color which would add to the room All in all everything about this home is inviting and warm, it tells us spring is coming!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Love the first two photos! They look doable with the furnishings most people have on hand. But, what is with that fireplace?!? Those can't be real logs inside, and why would you do that?

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell - Love almost everything in these pictures.  That teal cabinet is beautiful, especially the way she has arranged everything.  I think if the two side chairs had been close to the teal color, it would look better than all that white.  Also the rug is too drab for me.   I don't like the fireplace with all those logs, but love the Easter china!

Esteemed Contributor

Not crazy about the fireplace but the others very nicely decorated. I spotted a doggie too!  I love these posts they do give ideas sometimes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love all the rooms, plates, etc., except all that wood in the fireplace!

Years ago at work out lunch group was talking.  One of the girls mentioned a terrifying experience:  she went to grab another piece of wood for the fire and a snake jumped out from the pile!!!!!!!!!!

She, like me, are both terrified of those creatures.  So, I would never, ever, have a pile of wood in my house - they can slither in the tightest places!

Honored Contributor

I vaguely think I've seen that treatment before with the fireplace, @PA Mom-mom ,  and have to agree with you and others, it's not my favorite !

I think you are right, @twinsister ,  if the accent chairs in that sitting room had brought in teal or some other coordinating color, that would be enlivening.....  it's the touch that's needed...

Honored Contributor

She has a real sense of style. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Honored Contributor

All of the pictures and rooms are lovely and I really like them.

I love the colors and decor but the wood stacked in the fireplace is a total turnoff to me...I would the that wood out asap.

Honored Contributor

very pretty rooms, and nicely decorated! I would definitely want all of that wood out of the fireplace, so I could use it! Also the room with the teal cabinet does need a bit of color added, otherwise a nice room-love the doors!