Honored Contributor

Re: SOUND MACHINE (WHITE NOISE) REALLY DOES INDUCE SLEEP AND RELAXATION! (FOR ME)

Best wishes for your husband in his recovery, @esmeesmerelda .  Hoping you find the very best sleep and relaxation solution for his current needs.

May I raise one other possible option, you may or may not want to explore?   I have found for restful sleep and even 'stress management', that a simple weighted blanket (mine is 15 pounds) is so comforting and brings relaxation. (Although some people can't stand the idea, find them too confining).  But just a thought.   

Honored Contributor

Re: SOUND MACHINE (WHITE NOISE) REALLY DOES INDUCE SLEEP AND RELAXATION! (FOR ME)

@ECBG I would really want an integrated sound machine/alarm clock.  Fewer things to clutter up the nightstand.  Mine still works fine except the backlight for the clock flickrs when it's on, which is the only way to see the time when it's dark.  I leave it off except when checking the time or changing the alarm.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell - I ordered the one you suggested from Amazon.  It came this afternoon.

I am having a terrible time sleeping.  Just awful.

I am going to try it tonight but when I was trying out all the different sounds awhile ago my initial thought was "I'll never be able to sleep with this noise". But I am going to try it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry you've been having such a terrible time sleepiing, @gidgetgh

Perhaps you'll find at least one (you only need one) of the sounds that you feel might be soothing.  So far, I only find the rhythmic ocean, the crickets and the birds to be the most compatible. 

If it's too loud, I'd turn the volume way down at first, to see if you can tolerate it at very low levels, almost like a soft whisper.  I don't like loud sounds either.

Good luck, @gidgetgh .   Hoping you find some relief! 

Trusted Contributor

i tried one last yr.. it was relaxing, but i still couldnt sleep.. i even tried counting sheep.. finally gave up on the idea lol

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Best wishes for your husband in his recovery, @esmeesmerelda .  Hoping you find the very best sleep and relaxation solution for his current needs.

May I raise one other possible option, you may or may not want to explore?   I have found for restful sleep and even 'stress management', that a simple weighted blanket (mine is 15 pounds) is so comforting and brings relaxation. (Although some people can't stand the idea, find them too confining).  But just a thought.   

@Oznell I'm late getting back here but wanted to thank you for your good wishes & suggestions. We'll give a look at the blankets.

Honored Contributor

I found the white noise on you tube for sleep. Its great Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

I've thought about trying one again. I miss the sound of my ceiling fan when I stop using it when temps drop. 

Honored Contributor

good that you found a white machine you enjoy--for me I use a small fan----found that when I hear the sounds of water running it  made me have to go to the bathroom-----and a big no on night bugs or bird noises. Was a cheap investment too. Don't need any lights and the fan runs until I turn it off, either on low or high---even the sound of ......nothing, will wake me up---am a horrible sleeper.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the recommendation. On the suggestion of the posters here, I bought one for my guest room but I'm not happy with the sound quality.  I might have to try this one.

~ house cat ~