Honored Contributor

Re: SOUND MACHINE (WHITE NOISE) REALLY DOES INDUCE SLEEP AND RELAXATION! (FOR ME)

@fthunt,  it's called "2021 Casecube White Noise Machine" and will pop right up if you google that.  I see that it is at Walmart and other places as well as at Amazon.

@godi,  we are on the same page--- love peaceful crickets and dislike fans!  (Although, years ago in my dorm room I had to use a continually whirring fan against thin-walled noise intrusions from others!).   Crickets are a nice antidote to traffic, for sure.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOUND MACHINE (WHITE NOISE) REALLY DOES INDUCE SLEEP AND RELAXATION! (FOR ME)

@Oznell   Thank you - there are so many  - I got dizzy  reading Reviews.

Have a happy week..................

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I really like the "Lectro Fan".  If it's not a real noise, my mind knows it, so I like the "pink" and "brown" and "white" noises.  No looping; the thing is continuous and doesn't wake me up.

I have this one as well.

It's been good for sleeping and reading, and helps to lessen the noise from my apartment building and complex. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Can I turn off the light feature on this sound machine? 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   This is an excellent suggestion.  I have used white noise machines in the past and they do help with sleep. Recently, I discovered listening to 432 hertz helps in inducing sleep.  You can get free choices of 432 hertz on You Tube....just another option.  Also, I never thought of using Alexa as ambient sound....love these boards, I learn so much.

Honored Contributor

Yes, you can turn off the light feature completely, @godi . I would not have gotten it otherwise, as I like a dark room for sleeping. I would not want it most of the time-- but occasionally, it's fun to have on, or use as a night light. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Oznell   This is an excellent suggestion.  I have used white noise machines in the past and they do help with sleep. Recently, I discovered listening to 432 hertz helps in inducing sleep.  You can get free choices of 432 hertz on You Tube....just another option.  Also, I never thought of using Alexa as ambient sound....love these boards, I learn so much.

Has anyone found samples of other sounds on You Tube? I'd like to hear a few before I buy a device.

I'll go searching for sound samples later.

Honored Contributor

Works for me too.  Only I use an actual fan, even in winter.  I've tried nature sounds on Alexa but found they were distracting.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd,  I just tried your 432 herz setting on Youtube --  very nice!  Calming and majestic.

@violann,   one on Youtube that I've liked in the past is Rainy Night Coffee Shop Ambience with Relazing Jazz Music and Rain Sounds.  I'd post the video link, but lately when post those, the whole thread gets taken down.  But if you google the above title, it should come right up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann   there is interesting science on the therapeutic use of listening to 432 hertz...if you go to You Tube using 432 hertz to induce sleep several free options are available.  I also use binaural beats, but this requires headphones for best effectiveness.