Honored Contributor

SOME REVIEWS OF PRODUCTS I PURCHASED, MORE TO FOLLOW

[ Edited ]

The champagne bottlebrush trees are beautiful, very full and sparkly.

H206585 Trees in Mercury glass pots, love them!  The trees are beautiful and sparkly, nice red balls on it, and the pot is nice and red.  I havn't lit them yet.

H206559 Mercury glass (faux) balls, red/green and red/white are very pretty.

H203460 White Poinsettias - beautiful!  They even smell earthy as if there were real soil in the pots.

Things will be trickling in from now on, so will leave more reviews as I receive items. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: SOME REVIEWS OF PRODUCTS I PURCHASED, MORE TO FOLLOW

@mousiegirl  I am so glad that you're happy with the Poinsettias.  I got those last year, two sets of each color, and they are so beautiful and realistic when they're fluffed. 

You really had a good haul, didn't you? 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  I am so glad that you're happy with the Poinsettias.  I got those last year, two sets of each color, and they are so beautiful and realistic when they're fluffed. 

Lol, I certainly did order away, but now the red and white room should be pretty well taken care of, so I shouldn't have to buy anything more for that room, I hope.  

I bought Lisa's red poinsettias last year from "as is," so am all set on these.  I want to find some red foil or something to cover the pots as I don't want the green, so will see what I can find.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Lol, I certainly did order away, but now the red and white room should be pretty well taken care of, so I shouldn't have to buy anything more for that room, I hope.  

I bought Lisa's red poinsettias last year from "as is," so am all set on these.  I want to find some red foil or something to cover the pots as I don't want the green, so will see what I can find.

@mousiegirl You can buy the foil pot covers at florist or online at some craft companies.

Respected Contributor

I got the bottlebrush trees in the green and they are beautiful too ! Sparkly fine green glitter and dusted with white snow . I think the price was good too, compared to some of the craft stores.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

H206676 Fruit scatter - very pretty

H205498 Candle holders with nests - wonderful!

H206448 Lit Cardinals - love them, look wonderful in the nests

H203472 Champagne glittered Cedar branches - beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Good reviews, @mousiegirl.  Glad you're pleased with all your purchases.  I commend you, you really did 'shop away'.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

H207581 10-pc sequined berry clips (as-is) in gold:  Love these!  In perfect shape.  Lots of bling for their size and a true gold on the berries.  Very flexible and adjustable, which I appreciate in an item like this.

H206209  Illuminated glittered bay leaf garland in champagne: 

Upon first opening the box I fell in love with this.  The colors and textures are gorgeous, with eucalyptus and bay leaves being the same perfect champagne color, and berries looking a bit more gold.  I would highly recommend this based on looks alone.

However, this item has some serious issues.  I opened it outside and very gently began shaking it to remove excess glitter.  Yes, it sheds small and large glitter, but not nearly as much as the LR bay leaf picks from last year.

The bay leaves started falling off of the garland.  They broke off!  It wasn't that they came unattached at the joints, which I'd know how to fix with a little hot glue.  The stems literally broke in half and dropped clusters of either 3 or 5 leaves at a time.  I counted 6 broken segments. 

Another issue is missing paint & glitter on the bay leaves.  It is bound to happen with such items, but it is very noticeable.  I was inspecting one such area, again very gently, and more paint and glitter flaked off just because I gently bent the leaf a little.  I have no luck with bay leaf items. 

The lights are very warm white and look like they are operating on about half battery power. 

The eucalyptus and berry components seem very well made and the overall design is beautiful in my opinion.  What a shame that I had to send it back.  I refuse to pay over $40 total for something that probably won't last over one season.  If it goes to a low clearance price or as-is, I might reconsider.

HTH!

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

H207581 10-pc sequined berry clips (as-is) in gold:  Love these!  In perfect shape.  Lots of bling for their size and a true gold on the berries.  Very flexible and adjustable, which I appreciate in an item like this.

Upon first opening the box I fell in love with this.  The colors and textures are gorgeous, with eucalyptus and bay leaves being the same perfect champagne color, and berries looking a bit more gold.  I would highly recommend this based on looks alone.

However, this item has some serious issues.  I opened it outside and very gently began shaking it to remove excess glitter.  Yes, it sheds small and large glitter, but not nearly as much as the LR bay leaf picks from last year.

The bay leaves started falling off of the garland.  They broke off!  It wasn't that they came unattached at the joints, which I'd know how to fix with a little hot glue.  The stems literally broke in half and dropped clusters of either 3 or 5 leaves at a time.  I counted 6 broken segments. 

Another issue is missing paint & glitter on the bay leaves.  It is bound to happen with such items, but it is very noticeable.  I was inspecting one such area, again very gently, and more paint and glitter flaked off just because I gently bent the leaf a little.  I have no luck with bay leaf items. 

The lights are very warm white and look like they are operating on about half battery power. 

The eucalyptus and berry components seem very well made and the overall design is beautiful in my opinion.  What a shame that I had to send it back.  I refuse to pay over $40 total for something that probably won't last over one season.  If it goes to a low clearance price or as-is, I might reconsider.

HTH!

@SHOPR  Thanks so much for the detailed review.  I haven't ordered it yet and won't now.  I've seen items like that and sent them back too.  That is a big chunk of change for a garland in that condition.  I may go out and look for a garland so I can see how sparce  or brittle they are.  I really don't need one, really.  The review really helped me avoid another return.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

HTH!

@SHOPR  Thanks so much for the detailed review.  I haven't ordered it yet and won't now.  I've seen items like that and sent them back too.  That is a big chunk of change for a garland in that condition.  I may go out and look for a garland so I can see how sparce  or brittle they are.  I really don't need one, really.  The review really helped me avoid another return.

I wonder if it was just a dud, as the reviews are good.