Honored Contributor

SMALL BUNGALOW, BIG STYLE

[ Edited ]

This girl Lizzie Carney, who decorated her 1000 square foot cottage in this gloriously individualistic style, isn't an interior designer, per se.  I think the article said she was a stylist and designer for "Eurotrash".   She breaks a lot of conventional rules-- like, no dark colors in small spaces, etc.,  but I love that she follows her own vision.

I saw a magazine spread on her house almost 10 years ago.  The color grey hadn't hit it really big then, but her walls were charcoal.  She mixed in pink, and deep velvety brown (!)  She put her dining room in an improvised "wine cellar" in her basement.  She turned the second bedroom into a gigantic dressing room.  Her style is sort of "retro/reclaimed/wee French chateau".   Love her.

Here's her wine cellar/dining room which I find to be so rustic-elegant.  Imagine it by candlelight. 

Just because I love it so much, here's another, tilted close-up of the dining area, complete with grapes, cheese, gilt frames and a classical bust.  Hey, her basement floor is just as paint-chippy as mine....

Here's the room below that she made into a deluxe little dressing room, which she apparently needed more than an extra bedroom:

The article said that suave, velvety charcoal she used everywhere is Benjamin Moore's historical color "Amherst Grey".

Honored Contributor

Re: SMALL BUNGALOW, BIG STYLE

That small space, which I prefer, is amazing.

Honored Contributor

I so agree, @blackhole99 -- although not all of the elements are "my style",  the spaces just take me into another world. 

Trusted Contributor

Love the place, but adore those SHOES!!!

Respected Contributor

very cool place. i could easily live there. but, it would never look that clean.  to my eyes, it's almost too tidy and clean. 

i'm sure for the photo shoot. 

love it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you imagine a dining room in the basement and having to carry everything for a meal down cellar stairs?  A most impractical idea.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I have to say I love the chandelier in the kitchen!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm too old to appreciate any of it. The dining table in the cellar would never work for me.

Respected Contributor

Too much black for me!

Honored Contributor

It's funky and cute and perfect for a woman.  I bet she loves living there.

kindness is strength