Trusted Contributor

Re: SIERRA MADRE, CALIFORNIA KITCHEN AND FAMILY ROOM

[ Edited ]

@Oznell I really like what she does. She is local to me-next town over Pasadena.  Great story.  I know where this home is.   She also redid a ranch style in Pasadena.

I will follow her.  She has not done any work on the yearly Pasadena Showcase House.

Not sure that generates any perspective jobs for the volunteer designers. Thanks for these posts. I have been enjoying them. That young lady-Nina Long in Atlanta-does things to my liking.  Please keep doing this.

Honored Contributor

Wow, @kjae ,  that's neat that Kirsten Blazek is local to your area.  I only came on her by chance--  a quirky blogger whose style I like, Caroline Winkler, mentioned her in a list of "9 interior designers you should know".   Of course, I had only heard of a tiny handful of them before!

Thanks for giving some interesting background on this one-- she seems a real up-and-comer.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have never been a craftsman or mid century fan.

Me either and this is no exception. I like the top and bottom cabinets but not together. The leather chairs aren't bad. Otherwise, I'll pass. I mean, this isn't an awful set of rooms, they have some appeal, they're just not much for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

This is a beautiful kitchen.  While I normally prefer cabinetry done all in one color, I like this for some reason.  My only complaint with the cabinetry is that it appears off balance to me with too much of the cream cabinetry on the right hand side of the room.  I would have mixed in some of the wood and/or black a little more.

I'm not fond of the seating area with the bench seating and the counter stools don't appear comfortable to me.  I would have gone with a solid paint in the wallpaper color rather than have the wallpaper itself.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I do not care for the  different cabinet doors. This looks like a bar so I think I would have the lower cabinets as they are and have open wood selves like the ones by the fireplace. Maybe use the same wallpaper to add a print to spice up all this solid color in the kitchen.

WM6.jpg

461+W+Montecito+Ave+-+12_RETOUCHED.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I love it.  Not a fan of the chandelier in the family room, but I like everything else!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I kind of like the mixed cabinetry colors in the kitchen, but

I don't like the table, and the chairs & stools look uncomfortable. I like the architecture of the living room, but not the wallpaper or the leather chairs. The sofa looks fine. 

Respected Contributor

Too much dark brown for me.  Not a fan of that particular wallpaper and don't like fake fireplaces.