Honored Contributor

Re: SIDE TABLES IN A ROOM

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

I love side tables also but most are not functional enough for me. The surface has to have room for a lamp and a coaster. And I love if they have some room for storage or an open shelf beneath for some sort of decor. My favorite side tables now, and I have two, are the ones that have a unit in back with a couple of USB charging outlets and at least one elctrical outlet. The table itself has an electrical cord to plug in behind the sofa or chair. This one has a drawer and also shelf storage behind the door.

Chairside Table

@froggy  I tend to agree with you. For me, side tables need to be more than just a surface. While I do make use of a few garden stools to fill in the gaps, otherwise, a side table needs a shelf, a drawer, doors, something... to make them both attractive and more utilitarian... As for furnishings pictured in the OP, overall, I don't care for the aesthetic employed by this designer. I do sort of like the one table, below, but otherwise pretty much take a pass...

NylahAdjustableSideTable.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for any of them except the one that @froggy posted.

Honored Contributor

Wow, @zitawins --  thank you also for posting your pictures.  That table of yours was an absolute find!!  Love unearthing treasures like that at Goodwill.  Yes, I think I can see your naughty kitty.  Ours love to 'photo bomb' and get in on the action too!

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

I couldn't put the description in my side table photo: it's a Goodwill find at $11.00!

Sorry about the messy room. 

That's a pretty table but I could never keep a glass top clean!

Honored Contributor

I find even just the sheer craftsmanship of Studio McGee tables so appealing.  Way expensive, true, but they're so well-conceived and executed in a way that's both meticulous, and fresh...

A couple of other dreamy examples that struck me.  This one with the exquisite "ribbing" and the crossed 'X' legs is a twist on, and so reminiscent of, antique British campaign furniture :

11_561da194-adae-4198-a09b-4cf455894c0b_960x960.jpg

This one below, both somehow classic and industrial, with the combo of antiqued brass and quartz:Devyn_Adjustable_Side_Table_1.jpg

The elegant fluting, and the restraint of the delicate brass drawer pull and the brass leg caps make this such a refined option:Leonard_Side_Table001_960x960.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Oznell Love the metal table with the vurved legs and the wooden table with the ripples on the side you posted.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

goodwill side table.jpg

@zitawins 

Love that table. I too, steer from glass top, (been there, done that) but I can definitely see the draw to this one. That would be hard to pass up! Great find and placement for it too. Your room looks very nice. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell , there are nice tables in the photos.  Almost all of my side tables and coffee tables are round or oval.  I like the style and I don't get bruised if I bump into them.  LM

Honored Contributor

Re: SIDE TABLES IN A ROOM

[ Edited ]

This one's not half bad... Attractive and it appears to have a drawer, albeit probably a shallow one, and a shelf, both of which help to make it more useful...

Leonard_Side_Table001_960x960.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

goodwill side table.jpg

@zitawins love this round table.  This was $11?  Wow.  Very nice.