Honored Contributor

SHONDA RIMES' 1920'S LIBRARY OR STUDY

I like that it's so personal to her.  She melds the stately, traditional air of the room with her own eclectic interests, bringing in her beloved books, and global objects, both fine and primitive.  The room doesn't feel like a high-style piece of decorating-- it feels like a comfortable working room with pleasing elements, that wears its architectural distinction lightly.

I like that she didn't follow the dictum that studies must be dark-- hers is light and airy with windows streaming light (the better to read dim book titles by!)  I can see her working in that favorite chair, pulled up to the fireplace.   And am I wrong that her ceiling is a pale, ethereal blue?  Love blue ceilings.

It's fun to see how well known people set up their own personal rooms.  Even if they have a decorator, in many cases they are giving the decorator close direction as to what they most want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzatUAZWn0Q

Frequent Contributor

Re: SHONDA RIMES' 1920'S LIBRARY OR STUDY

Lovely, cozy library. Yes, ceiling is a pale blue. Colors are so well done that ceiling blends into the rest of the room. Wish I had her collections-sigh.

Thanks for posting.Smiley Happy