Honored Contributor

Re: SERENE UPSTATE FARMHOUSE

@Oznell  Lovely house, lovely home, lovely elements, lovely rooms... Of course, there are things I'd change, but overall, I'd love to have this place... As for the owner, yes, look at just about any design in just about any magazine and the lamps are his... Personally, I'm not always wowed by them, but apparently designers love him and his pricy lamps...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

oh, i love it!  the room i am sitting in right now is that color of yellow.  

Respected Contributor

The outside of the house reminded me of my grandparents farm house. This house has the same front with the pillars that this has. That is where it ends. I loved the house. I remember half way up the stairs was a cubby hole I used to hide. So many unique features. My Dad was the oldest of 13 children. A picture of the house hangs on my family room wall. Many memories 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @Catiele, it is amazing how the houses of our youth have such a place in our memory, and certain things can bring it all back...

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have yellow in two rooms. Nothing that bright. I have found that you have to be careful with yellow, in my eyes it can look dated quickly and not so cheery. I have yellow in the kitchen and dining room , but it looked awful in my bedroom because of the lighting in that room.

But yes @Oznell this place is lovely. Beautiful setting. So serene and peaceful.
The yellow really works in this setting. Love the room with the fireplace and al the thick molding around the doors and windows. Might have to change out the wall paper.

I could be comfortable there! Very much so!
Honored Contributor

I love this beautiful home. Every room is lovely to me. The only thing I would change is the wallpaper in the bedroom. I really don't like. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why, oh why, didn't I become a lamp designer?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Love the house and land but I would decorate the inside to my liking.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

Wow!  That is one gorgeous piece of property.  Very peaceful looking.  

I think all wall colors in each room are very nice esp. the yellow & sea green colors.  Most rooms are very inviting.  I'm not a fan of the bedroom - wallpaper print is way to busy & doesn't help with it on the ceiling as well.  And, the kitchen, I didn't care for the layout but liked the left side - white cabinets the best.

Thank you for posting all of these pics & your personal feelings about them as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cimeranrose wrote:

I love the yellow living room!

You're right , beautiful, rural upstate New York has a lot of old farm houses. DH and I both miss upstate New York where we were born and raised. DH has had a couple opportunities to apply for jobs in upstate NY but we decided it would be hard to go back to those high taxes (and it has become too blue).

@cimeranrose 

Guess where MANY of those red people went?

South, to enjoy the lower taxes, and mild weather.

Wish They would go Back.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras