Respected Contributor

Re: SERENE UPSTATE FARMHOUSE

[ Edited ]

I LOVE the views.  Also like the wood floors and beautiful windows.  Like the beam in the kitchen, as well as the chairs around the kitchen table.  The rest just isn't my style.  I'm definitely in the minority on this one!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Get rid of all the wallpaper in the bedroom. I love the kitchen and the paint colors in some of the rooms. Love the ceiling and the brick. Very nice place. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like certain features/pieces of furniture here and there but, overall, it's far too eclectic for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

I love the yellow living room!

You're right @Oznell , beautiful, rural upstate New York has a lot of old farm houses. DH and I both miss upstate New York where we were born and raised. DH has had a couple opportunities to apply for jobs in upstate NY but we decided it would be hard to go back to those high taxes (and it has become too blue).

Trusted Contributor

Love the exterior.

From the time I can remember, my mother had the living and dining room painted butter yellow, beautiful.

I love the classic lines of the house; it skews a little eccentric for my tastes on the interior.

Honored Contributor

I'm fascinated by responses to wall paper.  When we renovated our 1910 cottage, we tore out the wall paper, room by room.  I loved lightening things up.

That said, I think that little garret guest room with wall paper is charming.  There's that long-standing tradition in large country houses, of doing a bedroom or two in wall paper, especially if there are irregular ceiling lines, etc., like you get in attic rooms.  IncidentallyI also love the triangular window and the sophistication in that room of the plum colors combined with the chocolate brown of the chair!

If I had a big farmhouse, instead of a little cottage, I think I'd have one bedroom in a beautiful French paper, if only for variety...

@cimeranrose, your assessment of New York state agrees with mine.  I often think of what the beautiful Empire State could once again be, if only crippling regulation and taxes weren't perpetually hobbling the spirit of upstate...

Honored Contributor

I love that farmhouse right down to the wallpaper and yellow painted walls.  

It is a perfect example of an east coast farm house.  It reminds me of my grandmother's house and brings back such good memories.

@Oznell thanks for the posting.  I enjoyed your comments and the beautiful pictures.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie,  I'm delighted to do so, and glad it evoked good memories!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  I could move right in, but I would get rid of the zebra rug and the wallpaper in the bedroom.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

What a beautiful home and countryside! Are there a few things that I might change if it were my home? Of course, but it's not so I'll just say that it's absolutely lovely and so peaceful.