Super Contributor

Re: SCULPTURAL WATERING CAN FOR SUMMER

Did I miss it?  Where's the handle.

Honored Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

Did I miss it?  Where's the handle.

@Carolm  Thank you... I didn't want to be the first one to question it...

Smiley Very Happy

If form supposedly follows function, this looks like it would be awkward to use, despite its sleek, clean appearance.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That is a lovely piece and I would display it with colorful faux flowers, pastels for the summer, autumn leaves for fall and poinsettias for Christmas!  

Honored Contributor

@Carolmand @stevieb ,   I think you're meant to grab it around the indented part, instead of using a protruding handle.  With a stoneware watering can, I'm thinking that that's a good idea--  one less "thin" projecting part to potentially break.  That's one reason I don't buy reindeer decor (even though I love them), if they are made of breakable material--  those skinny little projecting antlers are just asking to break and shatter!

Wow, @spiderw ,  I hadn't thought of that--  vivid red poinsettias at Christmas, against that matte white, would be so striking, and unexpected and "fresh" for holiday...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I not only like the watering can but I think both of the plant stands are really attractive. I think you'd have to place them in an area where they wouldn't get bumped though.   The one with several plants on it looks like it could tip over pretty easily.   

I have many succulents and I'm always in the market for attractive plant stands.   So many of the one's you find in stores are so flimsy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know, I get your point @Oznell. I've had more than my share of broken antlers so agree with you on the Christmas reindeer but I'm thinking the vessel filled with water and no handle to help pour would be a bit awkward.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like it alot---very peaceful and serene, not alot of hoopla and love the airiness of it all.