Respected Contributor

Re: SAG HARBOR SEA CAPTAIN'S HOUSE

A Beaitiful home!  Love the colours.....tranquil.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell Love everything about this home.  I have seen the color blue gray in homes like this all over New England.  Think it may beclose to the original color used.

Respected Contributor

I am in love! Perfect for me.

Respected Contributor

Well I like this home too, but what's up with that bathroom?  It looks like that vanity is right next to a glass shower door/tub affair.  How are you supposed to get in and out with that vanity blocking the way? 

Am I not seeing it correctly?  I also don't like the dark toilet seat cover.  Everything else is so light thru out the home, why is that a dark charcoal or black?  Sticks out like a sore thumb to me.  Not wild about that distressed mirror blocking part of the window either.

I do like the vanity and marble but I think that bathroom needs fixin.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I absolutely covet this house, both the exterior and the interior configuartion, but would also absolutely want to redo the interior decor. Some of the interior elements have significant appeal but most of the rooms, overall, don't do much for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell , love it!  When you said Captains House, the first thing I looked for was a widow's walk.  I live in coastal Nova Scotia with a rich fishing history and they are quite common here.  LM

Honored Contributor

Oh, yeah, @Lilysmom -- Nova Scotia's seafaring history is such a rich part of the province!

Love those way-up-high "widow's walks" as well!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Thank you for posting this.

To begin with, the pathway is very nice & the historical exterior is very appealing.

I find this home beautiful.  I love many of the details & reflecting the history.  While I do like the interior color, I think I'd get bored with it in each room.  I'd change a few rooms' color to be compatible with the main color.  Also, add some pops of color.

The kitchen, bedroom & bath are my favorites.  The wood floors are gorgeous.

Overall, the coastal appearance is very appealing.  I'd be curious to see what views this home has.  

Respected Contributor

Lol, I lived in Montauk in the 1970s. Sag Harbor was where we went for roller disco and a restaurant with wonderful cannolis.

Honored Contributor

I also found plenty to love about this home myself. I prefer more color, but for the most part loved it!

I did not care for the mirror in the bathroom, it didn't seem sized correctly, I also don't care for bare windows(kitchen) but that may be because I don't live out where no one can see in your house. But even if I did, I still think I need some treatments at my windows.

I also don't care too much for Open Shelving in the kitchen, a little bit is ok though.....

All in all a beautiful property........