Respected Contributor

@wilma 

You made a nice rug selection.  The pattern & colors will help to add the pop of color to your neutral sofa. 

I'll bet it goes well with everything in your living room.  Enjoy it.

We need to change out our area rug in the livingroom as well.  We need to go with a very low pile though with our large dog & 2 cats.  

Honored Contributor

Yes! I have an area rug in my living room, as well as our bedroom, and rugs in the bathrooms, and in my kitchen(in front of the sink and by the back door).

I love rugs, and I think they can add a lot to a room, and they certainly warm up a space. I have two sisters who hate rugs, and don't have any in their homes......Not even in their bathrooms...... 

Respected Contributor

I finally got an area rug in our family room about 2 months ago after living here for 4 years now.  The entire main floor (family room, kitchen, living room, dining room and powder room) is hardwood.  It's mathes perfectly with the new sectional.  I still new area rugs in the dining and living rooms but I also need new liing room furniture.  I just need a sofa and 2 chairs, already have tables.  I think an area rug really pulls a room together.

Honored Contributor

I love rugs.  This is my living room rug.

B98D7265-B1FD-4F6D-8F4B-EE8BFA68699B.jpeg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Your home is lovely and inviting.  I love rugs and have them throughout my home also.  I lean toward the Oriental rug designs and printed , floral and retro.

Thanks for sharing!