Honored Contributor

All the rugs are nice. I would not hang all 3 on the same wall though. I think one rug hanging in the room is enough. The room itself is too white for me. I dislike the floor. 

Respected Contributor

I like the rugs. They add so much color to a plain white back ground..

Respected Contributor

I like the openness of the space - the rugs do work.

I'd prefer pictures.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rugs as Wallhangings

[ Edited ]

I like a rug on the wall (have done it), but maybe not 3.  Agree with @wilma there is something cold and inpersonal about this beautiful area.  Lacks personality.  Not sure what is going on with the floor. I like the lamps, but not for this space or the way they are used.

Respected Contributor

I like it. 

Works well in this space.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I remember this from the 70s.  I have a few of these large wall-hanging rugs that I got when I lived in Europe.   But I haven't put any of them up in this house.   No reason - just never happened.  I should revisit that.  Most of mine have animals on them (of course - big surprise Smiley Happy).  

Honored Contributor

I do like the hanging rugs.  Have two purchased in Turkey, they are silk; no way would they be on the floor, although some people do.

For me the brick fireplace, and whatever that is on the floor would have to be changed, too busy, and distracting. Could live with the spindles on the stair but would like them much more plain.

@lolakimono  As always, thanks for the interesting looks.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@lolakimonoI had one that was given to me for a gift. I really enjoyed it , but It was a thing back in the early seventies. It matched my decor look, it was  a deer family.But I was young just starting out but it faded the walls  really bad, I  don't put up any wallhangings or pictures for that reason. But I still they look really nice and to clean them I just vacuumed them.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't want rugs hanging on walls any more than I want pictures, paintings on the floor. Something about it makes me think of old hippie decor.