Valued Contributor

Re: Rugged/Industrial/Lodge...

@stevieb wrote:

It does seem to lack light, but keep in mind the photo is a night time shot. Here is one showing there lots of daylight! I have more shots of this lodge to share and will post them a bit later on as time permits.

Mountain-Rustic-Ski-Lodge-Retreat-Faure-Halvorsen-Architects-28-1-Kindesign.jpg

Better with the natural light.  Still too much wood and stone for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@liliblu wrote:

Too much stone and wood for me.  It feels dark.  Maybe it's the time of day but I need a space with lots of light.

The daylight shot is much better. It definitely brightens the space considerably. This is true rustic. It's beautiful, but just too dark for me. @liliblu 

Honored Contributor

This is going to sound bizarre, but I'd like it better if the beams were less "loggy."  I like everything else about it, and I'm not usually one to choose one aspect of a room to pick apart.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do like the room and its' atmosphere. However I am not a fan of the material used on the rail for the stairway, and platform, it seems to be wire.

It is a lovely lodge.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

It looks very cozy....love the fireplace!!!  Id lose the deer antlers and Id chose a different style chandelier

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”