Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rugged/Industrial/Lodge...

I would love it as a winter retreat/ski lodge.  Stone work and the beams are beautiful, warm and inviting coming in from the cold.  Would'nt work in a year round warm climate.  

@stevieb looking forward to more pictures.  The last one makes a big difference in natural light.  

Honored Contributor

The more I see of this rustic but well appointed home the better I like it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I like this on a cold snowy evening.  I'd change the railing, chandelier, and add some color and lamps.  Very cozy.

Honored Contributor

I like everthing about it. The only thing missing is cake, or maybe this is more a coffee and cookies setting.

Looking forward to more photos, @stevieb 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb, Thank YOU for making the time to share. I wish you could rec books on traditional homes. We have recently moved from 4 bed. large house to a condo. Most of my furn is in basement.Wev've retired. no more shoveling . we HOPE. My problem LOVE TO DECORATE. Not into nicknacks I could move into this space tomorow!!! The condo has den and dining room combined .Just can't get furn placed. All windows at back of den dining room Fireplace center of one wall No room on either side of fireplace. TV on only other long wall. Only table fits in dining area. When can you COME? LOL YOU ARE THE BEST stevie!!!!!! PLEASE KEEP SHARING!!!! P.S. I LIGHT THE HANGING LIGHT

Honored Contributor

I think it is gorgeous!

Esteemed Contributor

I was a little leery of it at first, but the second pic sold me.  Yes, I could live here.

Honored Contributor

I love it. I think it would be a gorgeous mountain lodge no matter what the season. 

Honored Contributor

I'm normally such a fan of stone, and stone and wood together.  I do enjoy a gorgeously massive stone fireplace like this.

But I'd need more contrast in the interior.  The couch, the rug, the ceiling, the stone-- blend together.   I seem to need the spark of contrasting colors, more light, and a bit less rusticity.  The weightiness of it all, including the gigantic pendant light, is a bit too much for me. 

But I admire the bones of the house.

Esteemed Contributor

It's beautiful but I would only want it as a vacation rental.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown