Frequent Contributor

Has anyone tried Ruggables area rugs?  The fact that they're washable is a big plus for me, but I don't want to invest in one if they're not good quality and durable.

Honored Contributor

I looked at them a few times and though about it, Every time I I backed out.  While the concept sounds great, I am not sure they would lay flat.

Instead, I bought washable rugs from JC Penney in room sizes 5x8 and 8x10.  I really like them.  I wanted to buy a few more and they seem to be out of stock in most colors and sizes.

I have a feeling they are going to be discontinued or go out of business.  

Super Contributor

Even if they are washable, isn't that a pretty hard on a washing machine? 

Esteemed Contributor

I have one for the family room because I have a kitty who barfs a lot on the rug. She's healthy and all that, she just barfs. Anyway, they are ok. It's not soft and squishy on the feet like a regular rug. It comes with a backing that you remove before putting in the washer. It does lay flat and it does clean up nicely but again it's not thick and plush like a regular area rug but for my purposes it's works because when kitty barfs it's super easy to clean up. In fact I've even taken it outside and hosed it off. I think it's a 3x5 rug so it fits fine in the washer.

Honored Contributor

I've thought about ordering one, but wasn't sure if it would be hard to vacuum.  I thought the vacuum cleaner might suck them up.  I hope that makes sense.  I also thought they would be hard on the washing machine.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I've thought about it too but I'd have to take it to a laundromat and use a Hugh capacity washer because the size I need wouldn't fit in what I have at home. 

Esteemed Contributor

My son bought two or three of those.  He seems to like them.  If I remember correctly, the cover comes off the matt underneath and the cover is washable.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Lots of you tube videos about them, reviews by customers. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?