Honored Contributor

Round Sink, Divided into Sections

Amazing sink.  Not that I cook, but I can see how this might be useful....for someone else.

What an interesting idea for prep, the round sink, available from two sides, with built in strainers, cutting boards, etc.  I could see people who use fresh produce daily liking this set up.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Round Sink, Divided into Sections

Um............where's the garbage disposal?    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Um............where's the garbage disposal?    

@Desertdi 

It could be under the cutting board.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdilol    I see its stopper, so I assume it's hidden under one of those boards.

By the way -  some of us live without disposals.    Didn't have one growing up in PA and never had one on Long Island for all the years I lived there -  still don't.    I used to have one in my Florida condo -  but when I arrived here in November, it was inoperative and I've gone the whole season without one.   I'm planning renovation and want a different sink arrangement as part of that, so I decided to "rough it" until that happens.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  If I had a need for more than one sink in my kitchen, I can see this in a prep area.  I rarely use my garbage disposal and could easily live without one.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

Not a sink design  I would want or use.

Honored Contributor

That is a prep sink.  They are mostly used on kitchen islands or for a bar.  This type of sink is used to cut and prep fruits and vegetables.

If used in a kitchen, there would mostly likely be a regular size kitchen sink for washing dishes, filling pots and yes, a garbage disposal ifsomeone wanted one.

One of my cousins lives in a wonderful home and she has one of these prep sinks in her kitchen.  I would love to have one too.

The gas range behind it with the double ovens is not too shabby either.

Honored Contributor

Cool but not practical. Little sinks make big messes in my life. I have huge pots, hand wash dishes and too shallow or small of sinks means water splashed everywhere. That's a lot of little areas to keep clean as well, rather than one or two bigger ones. more corners and crevices to get into to shine up. 

Neat, but no thanks for my daily life.

Honored Contributor

Carmie is right, it is a prep sink. Used to cut veggies, fruit etc. it does not take the place of your regular sink where dishes and such are done. Some people have a use for them and some don't. Your garbage disposal if you have one would be in your normal sink. Our friends have one in their bar area.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not that sophisticated a cook to warrant something along these lines and it's very commercial looking to me. In fact, that whole kitchen, from what I can see, lacks any appeal or warmth whatsoever.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...