Honored Contributor

Wow, @CJC ,  this is astonishing.   We are paint kindred spirits.  Not only do we share "Woodlawn Blue", but you will not believe this--  I have "Prescott Green" in my powder room, off the kitchen!

I was going to continue the kitchen's "Van Alen Green" in the powder room, but then decided to go with the deeper "Prescott Green" in there, for a little more impact in that tiny space...

Will check out your "Garden Path" and others for future reference, since I know we are so 'sympatico' with room colors.  You are so right-- life is too short not to live with one's favorite soft, rich, uplifting colors, whatever they may be, especially in sometimes overcast climates.

Even in the dead of gloomy winter, I gain a certain zest just from living among sky blues, greens and creams and ivories, harbingers of spring to come.

Your mahoganies and dark woods would stand out beautifully in your scheme.  Cheers, "color twin",  and thanks for such a fun post! 

Honored Contributor

I'm a one paint color for the whole house kind of girl.  Right now I have City Loft in my house.  Wouldn't have been my first choice...or my second....but I bought the house new and there were only like 4 colors to choose from at the builder's design center.  City Loft is ok, but a little grayer than I'd like. 

I think I could have gone rogue and picked something else, but it was a substantial difference in price. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?