Super Contributor

Re: Room and Board Furniture - Any Info?

Thank you for letting me know your experience.  So that is another good review for Room and Board.  I saw a Room and Board dresser in a consignment shop for...200 dollars, not realizing what a steal that was.  I decided to think about it.  It was gone the next day.  It was very well made.

Super Contributor

That is a good tip about the floor furniture.  I like to be stuff that has been on the floor - I can see it - there are no surprises.  

Super Contributor

I've had both good and bad experiences with local shops. I have tried to shop local, thinking the service will be great becaue they don't want bad word-of-mouth, but some local businesses have been terrible.  One was a mattress store.  I had great service from buying a sofa and loveseat from FurnitureMart - based in North Dakota or somewhere in the Midwest.  Wonderful ordering process and excellent delivery.  So you really can't predict based on local v. national.  I always do check Yelp etc for reviews - but so many of them are fabricated.

Super Contributor

@ginkgo wrote:

I actually ordered a bed from Room and Board.  I was in Chicago and saw the most perfect bed there - metal and did not require a box spring. I bought it and had it sent to the East Coast. No problems with delivery. I think we had to put it together but am not positive because it was a while ago. But it was only a few pieces and easy to put together.

It's still my favorite bed .It is comfortable, incredibly well -built and  sturdy. It's hard to find their style of beds elsewhere, so if you really like one order it!

Thank you for taking the time to reply and tell me about your bed.  I am glad it worked out well for you!