Honored Contributor

Re: Room I like (looks like my mother)

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

First things my eyes go to in the picture are the flowers.

I think the flowers are gorgeous, but look misplaced in this room.

The entire arrangement overwhelms the table for one thing.

I'm not all about matchy-matchy (okay I am), but the vase doesn't compliment the flowers.  Something cut shorter and perhaps golden or red would be prettier in that vase-- in that room.

But with those flowers and foliage, it looks like it would topple over and at best be placed on the floor.  That frees up the table top for a cuppa something or a glass of something and somewhere to lay your book.

I have to have my feet up when I'm relaxing and/or reading.  Maybe that's a tufted ottoman I see in the forefront?

I like the lampshade, but not on the blue and white lamp, however, if the lamp had a different color motif, it would look great.

@Lucky Charm 

The flowers are cosmos, very light and airy, almost like a lithe weed.  They are seasonal.  I have them in harvest gold (not that it is the color of my old fridge and stove) but an almost-mustard gold color and they are beautiful in Fall.  I also have this color.  They volunteer to return.  Sometimes one color will not return and one will. 

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday  I also love the cosmos flowers, one of my favorites, always lovely.

The lamp would be improved with a pleated white or ecru shade and I'd remove tray holding the "bar". Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

It's not my for me but it is a pleasant room.

Honored Contributor

Nice room except for the lamp shade and the dark curtains.  White or off white lighweight curtains would brighten up the room.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like the room. I'd like it even better with solid drapes and a solid color lampshade.