Esteemed Contributor

Re: Room I like (looks like my mother)

A well sat reading chair

Esteemed Contributor

Well for me the curtains and the lamp shade would go, replacing only the lamp shade with a solid color (maybe a bluish gray) to somewhat match the lamp itself.  I really don't care for dark curtains or actually curtains at all, just blinds that roll up completely for certain rooms for privacy.

I just love nice windows and lots of light........the room is nice but a bit cluttered.

Guess it's not my bag after all, LOL.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's a nice room.  But there's one thing I'd change - the lamp.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.  The shade and the blue-and-white base are nice individually but they don't belong together.

Honored Contributor

I too would lose the curtains and the lampshade.  The room looks quite comfortable to me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I really like this room! I can see why OP likes it also. I love the pitcher the flowers are in and especially like the rug. The drapes remind me of some we had on our LR many years ago but ours were deep green. A very cozy setting.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's very pretty -- curtains, lamp shade and all!!

Honored Contributor

First things my eyes go to in the picture are the flowers.

I think the flowers are gorgeous, but look misplaced in this room.

The entire arrangement overwhelms the table for one thing.

I'm not all about matchy-matchy (okay I am), but the vase doesn't compliment the flowers.  Something cut shorter and perhaps golden or red would be prettier in that vase-- in that room.

But with those flowers and foliage, it looks like it would topple over and at best be placed on the floor.  That frees up the table top for a cuppa something or a glass of something and somewhere to lay your book.

I have to have my feet up when I'm relaxing and/or reading.  Maybe that's a tufted ottoman I see in the forefront?

I like the lampshade, but not on the blue and white lamp, however, if the lamp had a different color motif, it would look great.

Honored Contributor

Their are many good items in this room.  I taught Interior Design.

Save all of the pieces and put in a newly painted rooms or put in other rooms of your home unless you dislike them.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Their are many good items in this room.  I taught Interior Design.

Save all of the pieces and put in a newly painted rooms or put in other rooms of your home unless you dislike them.

@ECBG   This isn't the OP's stuff.  It's a picture of a room that she likes.  

Honored Contributor

Handsome.  Very 'English country' house vibe!