Honored Contributor

Room I like (looks like my mother)

I know it is not everyone's bag but save the curtains and lamp shade, I love this room

Honored Contributor

Re: Room I like (looks like my mother)

I think the gorgeous spray of violet flowers with the yellow velvet chair on the Persian carpet make this room appealing.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday   No apology needed for liking a beautiful room, no less one with sentiment added.  

Esteemed Contributor

It isn’t my aesthetic, but I think it’s pretty. I love the spray of violets. It has an English feel to me.

I do agree with you, @Nonametoday  the curtains have to go, but I kind of like the lamp shade. It adds contrast and interest.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

It isn’t my aesthetic, but I think it’s pretty. I love the spray of violets. It has an English feel to me.

I do agree with you, @Nonametoday  the curtains have to go, but I kind of like the lamp shade. It adds contrast and interest.

@manny2 

Yes, I thought about it later:  If the curtains were not there, the lamp shade would be okay or if the lamp shade were not there, perhaps the curtains would be okay:  As my mother used to say "it's too much of a good thing."

Honored Contributor

This is a lovely room!  The rug and furnishings so appealing.  I love curtains/drapes on windows and feel they warm up a room and enhance it.  While I like the drapes, they are too dark in color in my opinion.  I would have them a lighter color whether in a solid or print design.  Once that is done, it would be fine for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the room, especially the flowers.  I would get rid of the lampshade.  I think it clashes with the rest of the lamp.  It does look English to me.

Honored Contributor

A pretty traditional vignette. I like it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Lovely room.  I like it!

Honored Contributor

I like everything except the art on the wall, other than that is a beautiful room.  Cozy and homey.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)