Honored Contributor

Re: Rock Garden Decor - anyone have a rock garden on their property?

@Lilysmom1  So enjoyed the views of your property!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Our entire yard back and front is rocks. Few people do anything but rock in Arizona. It's pretty but the grass would be a pain to keep up. 

@Meowingkitty 

Same story here in New Mexico.  Just finished a landscape project that required more than 40 tons of rocks.

@just bee.  You must post a photo when you've completed your project.  I don't think most people here are familiar with rock yards.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Our entire yard back and front is rocks. Few people do anything but rock in Arizona. It's pretty but the grass would be a pain to keep up. 

@Meowingkitty 

Same story here in New Mexico.  Just finished a landscape project that required more than 40 tons of rocks.

@just bee.  You must post a photo when you've completed your project.  I don't think most people here are familiar with rock yards.

@Kachina624 

It's completed.  I'm just waiting to see signs of life in the spring.  If these tender little plants survive, I'll definitely take some photos.

Right now it looks like a quarry. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

@caroln242  What a wonderful idea with your log. Please post when you have a finished product. 

Will do!

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake @a word of caution about birdhouses.  We have them all over the property.  If you have them close to human activity (weeding, mowing, home entrances) keep an eye out that wasps do not nest in them.  Unknown to us, they did in one of ours this year.  My DH was working close to one unaware and they attacked him.  Luckily he was mostly covered but they still stung him twice.  We had the nest removed and closed up the hole.  If that was me, it would have been a trip to emergency as I am allergic.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom1 Thank you so much for the bird tip. We have bird houses higher in the trees, but my grandson loves the rock garden. I think I may put a little, concrete bench instead of a bird house. Good tip!  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake , I love the bench idea!