Valued Contributor

We bought the TSV Ring doorbell some time ago and just installed it.  We really like it.  It lets us monitor the door and see who is there on our smartphones.  We like it so much we would like to put a camera (but not necessarily a doorbell) on our back door and hook it up to our existing Ring.  Can this be done, or do we have to buy another Ring doorbell and install it there?  Most people come to our front door and ring the bell but we still like the idea of monitoring our back door as well.

Contributor

Ring offers a stick up cam that can be used in or outdoors,  plus the flood light cams that we love for outdoors.   They can all be connected to your existing Ring doorbell.

We have the floodlight cams in front and back , plus the pro alert chime that boosts your signal and alerts you- if you don't have your computer or phone nearby.  It just plugs into any outlet.

These offer  many setting options .  We love ours.

Esteemed Contributor

Let me tell you about my Ring issues. My first one I tried to install didn't work. Called Ring CS and they said I didn't have enough power in my doorbell to run it and I needed to downgrade to the previous model. Fine, did that, after three months the camera died and all CS (Ring CS that is) kept saying is my internet speed wasn't fast enough. Even though it worked fine the previous day. We knew that was wrong. They would not admit that their stupid camera was at fault. We went back to Lowes and got another one and the camera works just fine. When I told Ring CS this they kept telling me my internet speed is to slow. I guess they only know one answer. Anyway, I got my refund from Lowes and this one is working for now. I would stay away from a Ring cameras if they are anything like their doorbells. Good product but has issues. I would go with a Nest product. We have a couple of cameras inside and never had an issue. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty

I agree with you. We have the nest cameras (battery, not hard wired) and they have worked well. We have them outside. Have not tried any of the ring products.

Respected Contributor

I have a Canary camera and am very happy with it.  Price was around $135 from BB&B when using their coupon.  It was easy to set up and haven't had any issues with it at all.   

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

We were tempted to get the Ring doorbell when it was a TSV. We passed because there was more information we needed. I found this info someplace that sells them. The Ring will operate between  -5F and 120F. We live where it can get below -5 in the winter so it won't work for us. Those that live where it gets really cold or really hot should know this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

We were tempted to get the Ring doorbell when it was a TSV. We passed because there was more information we needed. I found this info someplace that sells them. The Ring will operate between  -5F and 120F. We live where it can get below -5 in the winter so it won't work for us. Those that live where it gets really cold or really hot should know this. 

Yes...I found that out after I already bought one......

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

Yes...I found that out after I already bought one......

Ohhh @Nataliesgramma, I'm really sorry.  Were you able to return it? Had you gone to all the trouble of installing it? I don't remember them ever mentioning about the temperature extremes when they talked about them. I think it's wrong if they don't. People should know that.