Valued Contributor

Reviews on battery candles and real candles.

I like to follow reviews from posters on items I buy. So I have been reading the lastest ones on the TVS CI lantern recently presented. Also, in anticipation of the Homeworx fall and winter collections coming I have been reading the reviews on You Tube from bloggers that have the new candles and are burning them all ready. There seems to be such a difference in what people like. White light or warm light from a battery candle, winter and fall scents or florals and food scents in real candles. Do you think the location and climate you live in determines people's taste in these items? I know where I live, the tropical or floral scents are not to my liking, as most of the florals presented are not around here. But, I CAN relate to the warm color of a battery candle and winter/fall scents as that is what I know and what makes me feel cozy and comfortable when the cold, windy, drizzly days of fall come and the crisp snowy days of winter arrive. One candle blogger admitted he lived in a very warm climate and could not understand the scent of woods, burning fireplaces or crisp air as he had never smelled those things. I really get interested in what reviewers think of products like those and often wonder where they live and their dream lifestyle or their real lifestyle. Do you think our enviroment we live in dictates what we review as a thumbs up or thumbs down?

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews on battery candles and real candles.

[ Edited ]

@nomar

Thats an interesting question----

I tend to like scents for ALL the seasons---most people I know dont like floral scents, but I DO like them, and I also like the fall scents---pumpkin, leaves, apples, cinnamon, and I like the winter scents too--all the balsm firs, pine trees, crisp clean scents etc......I live in a warm climate---Texas---but we still have some cold days (although those arent many) when a fireplace can be used, and the air is cold and crisp.....So we get the gist of these scents.......My favorite seasons are actually fall/winter............And I HATE THE SEASON OF SUMMER! I may not like summer, but do like  

Peach Bellini and Georgia Peach from Bath
& Body Works 

I use BOTH flameless battery operated candles and real candles and I like them both...The flameless candles can be used anywhere in the home..Real candles require more babysitting as far as safety ....I like the glow of both, but like the different scents of real candles....  

The things I dont like about real candles are:

drowning wicks from BBW

candles that burn too fast 

you do have to keep an eye on them and remember to blow them out.....

Things I dont like about battery candles are:

Luminara are getting too expensive and adding a remote I dont need just adds to an already expensive item(I have a drawer full of remotes already)

battery expense

battery life

Also Luminara seems to be declining in quality regarding battery boxes not working after a short time.

I guess I said all this to say--- I think its more of a personality and personal preference kinda thing Woman Very Happy

Image result for luminara candles Image result for homeworx candles

Image result for bath and body works candles

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@nomar

Since candles are a decor type of item, I agree that where a person lives could very well make a difference in their choices.

I can visualize someone living in a more northern climate might want candles to make their place cozy during cold rainy or snowy times.

I live in Texas and it stays warm here pretty much. I do love my Luminara candles and lanterns. During the night, if one of us happens to wake up, the warm glow of them lights up the dreary darkness. Changing out the batteries is never a chore.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I would LOVE to burn real candles but can't because of my very inquisitive kitties. So its battery operated candles for me. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I use my Luminara candles during the summer months....but I also burn a candle or 2 in the winter.....

I lay my keys next to a candle....just in case I decide to go somewhere......I'll remember to blow it out..

Honored Contributor

I use both. I love the smell and ambience of a real candle, and I also like the ambience and ease of Battery operated candles...

I burn Real Candles all the time, but only in the room I am in, so easy enough to remember to put out.....

I have my Battery operated candles on timers, so I love when they just pop on, especially in the winter months when it gets dark so early.......

I agree on the expense of batteries on flameless candles, but my real candles are fairly expensive as well, because I am very picky about the brand....

I just love them both!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

No, not a fan of candles at all--don't need any more to have to dust and would never use/ light a real candle for any reason. I have been given tons of them over the years and just finally got rid of them. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer the Fall and Winter scents of real candles, really don't burn real candles any other time of year. But I do have my battery operated candles with timers going all year long. I live in the midwest, love my flower gardens but don't care for floral scented candles, they just smell "off" to me. Interesting question.
And now @Spurt, I want a peach, nice and juicy, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".