Super Contributor

Re: Review on the Luminara wax tapers H207220

I received these today and had them on for about 6 hours. No problem with the color or function. I still have to check the timer function, but I really don't plan on using it since the battery life isn't that good. I will use the remote and only put them on for a couple of hours at a time or not use them everyday to extend battery life. I really do like the look. I was waiting for these tapers for a long time. I have them in wall holders and am very happy with them....so far.

I ordered these last Thursday 10/1 so I think they are covered under the holiday extended return? I can't find when that started, I'm assuming 10/1, does anyone know for sure? I hope so, I have had issues with other luminara and I hope to be able to try these out for a few months.

Honored Contributor

@LuvMyBichonFrise wrote:

I purchased two sets of the tapers and tested them as soon as they arrived.  Both sets are perfect in color and function.  Waiting for the Luminara 360 in Cranberry.  

@lovemybichonfrise

So glad yours were good! Can you help a sister out and share one set (LOL)!!

Honored Contributor

@snpets wrote:

I received these today and had them on for about 6 hours. No problem with the color or function. I still have to check the timer function, but I really don't plan on using it since the battery life isn't that good. I will use the remote and only put them on for a couple of hours at a time or not use them everyday to extend battery life. I really do like the look. I was waiting for these tapers for a long time. I have them in wall holders and am very happy with them....so far.

I ordered these last Thursday 10/1 so I think they are covered under the holiday extended return? I can't find when that started, I'm assuming 10/1, does anyone know for sure? I hope so, I have had issues with other luminara and I hope to be able to try these out for a few months.

@snpets

You are under the holiday return policy (I can't remember when it started either, but they have been saying it on Q for awhile now). 

Glad yours seem to be good. I really thought the look was nice as well. Hope they come out with more and in some other colors too. I'm not against trying again, but maybe if I wait long enough, they will improve the battery life.

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@snpets

You are under the holiday return policy (I can't remember when it started either, but they have been saying it on Q for awhile now). 

Glad yours seem to be good. I really thought the look was nice as well. Hope they come out with more and in some other colors too. I'm not against trying again, but maybe if I wait long enough, they will improve the battery life.

Thanks, I'm glad I can try them out for a few months.

I was thinking that they can make them a little taller 11" maybe and then can add another AA battery which should help the battery life. Can't use C's, they would make the candles too big to fit in any holders.

Trusted Contributor

I did not have a problem with these tapers not working or having an odd color. But they weren't quite what I expected.

First, they are sort of fat. Not as slim as a real wax taper. They do not even fit into my taper candle holders. I think they need to make a skinnier bottom end to fit into candle holders. There is nothing you can do to enlarge the opening of crystal candle holders!

I found one candle holder, an old Moon and Stars holder, that sort of fits it. I really had to push and turn to get it in far enough so it wouldn't fall out. You can still see part of the bottom piece. For the other candle I put it in a glass container and added rocks around it to hold it in place.

Be careful pushing it into a container of rocks since I found it pushed the on/ off button and I had to take it out, reset it, and start over Smiley Happy

That brings up the timer/on/ off button. It didn't work like the enclosed instructions stated. I think the instructions said to push the button quickly. I took that literally and thought it didn't work. But I was pushing too quickly. Don't give up and just try until you figure it out! I forget now but I think the button works in a different order than they state in the instructions.

I love Luminara candles and own about 12 now. 11 of the 12 run on the timer all The time, year round. The shorter pillar version, purchased at a gift shop, doesn't shut off with the timer function. It's the only problem in functionality I've ever had. 

The movement of the flame has occasionally gotten stuck if the candle is knocked around such as during shipping. Just jiggle the whole candle a bit to make sure the little flame isn't stuck. It should then work correctly. 

KJPA
Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I have two sets on waitlist.  Wondering now if I should just cancel and get another kind of tapers.  It probably doesn't matter as all of the waitlist orders I've had lately have been canceled by QVC because they couldn't fill them.  Too much money for inferior merchandise.  Sorry, @Mominohio that your candles were defective.

Update on Waitlist order for these candles H207220.  QVC just canceled my WL orders after three months.  No more WL for me as I can't remember when I last had an order filled from the list.  They said they tried to get more of them but they weren't successful. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo, Did you know they sell these at Bed, Bath & Beyond?