Honored Contributor

Review on Kenmore Elite Crossover vacuum

this vacuum is bagless and made for either regular carpeting or ultra plush carpeting.

there is a black slide at base of vacuum for either bare floors--reg.carpet OR  ultra plush carpet.

Suction is excellent. It is a heavy vacuum to push-pull around. Weighs in at 18 pounds.

It is super easy to set up from box to ready for vacuuming. Pop everything together, No s crews for holding handle on. 

There is an odd way of attaching the bare floor attachment to vacuum. it is attached at base of the wand. Unusual yes, but I rarely use the wand for anything unless an edge needs cleaning. 

The vacuum has good edge cleaning. It has picked up new carpet fuzz along edges.

Cost is approximately $275.00 thru amazon.  I did use 2 day ship because I needed the vacuum for my new plush carpeting, so that added $17.00to cost.

So far am giving it 5 star review.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review on Kenmore Elite Crossover vacuum

Thank you!

This couldn't have come at a better time.  We just purchased a home with very plush carpeting and I knew the Sharke (that I love and bought from QVC) would not be able to handle it.  I had an 11' x 12" carpet I purchased to go over a hardwood area in my last home and no matter which adjustment I put it on, I could not move the vacuum.... but it worked great on my hardwood and not so plush wall to wall.....

So I am greatful to hear this and will look into the Kenmore.... Thanks!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Review on Kenmore Elite Crossover vacuum

my husband and I had new plush carpet installed in our house in June 018.

It has been a nightmare trying to vacuum the house with my regular vacuums.  

I have Miele vac’s, Oreck, Hoover. None of them were usable.  When i was shopping for the carpeting, I kept asking the sales person about what vacuums handles this new carpeting I picked out. He told me, anything i had would work. NO NO NO it didn’t. I was exhausted every day I did my vacuuming of the house. Finally dh and I did some investigating and we found out we had that new plush carpeting. 

We found this vacuum had excellent ratings on consumer reports.  When I got it yesterday I put it together asap, did a quick small area vacuum. This morn I did the entire house. It was a breeze. So glad I found this wonderful investment for the house.