Respected Contributor

I have a Kinetico reverse osmosis system in my kitchen I was lucky to win at the State Fair a couple years ago. It worked beautifully until now. In March, I paid for a service call to have the filters replaced.

A couple weeks ago, I started noticing that water was running down the drain at a rapid rate. Since I could not get a service call for a few days, and I was concerned about wasting water, I was told to turn the RO system off (under the sink).

When the serviceman came out, he turned the RO on again, and everything seemed to be fine (of course!). A few hours after he left, the water started running down the drain again. I waited a few days to schedule another service call. When the serviceman came out again, he couldn't hear the water running down the drain (it had stopped temporarily, of course!).

Well, water is running down the drain again (stops and starts). It's not just a trickle, but it sounds like when you empty the water from the sink after you have done the dishes.

Also, the water runs very slowly, in a skinny stream from the RO water faucet. It takes 3 minutes (I timed it) to fill 1/2 gallon of water from the RO faucet. This remains the same all the time, even when I want to pour a glass of water to drink.

I'm hesitant about calling for service again. Luckily, I haven't been charged yet, since it's still under warranty for the filter replacement. I'm sure I'll be charged next time ($134 just for a service call!).

Do any of you have the same problems or suggestions for me? I have hand disability, so I really can't take things apart to check on anything.