Respected Contributor

Re: Restored Victorian Farmhouse

Beautifully restored but for my personal taste it is just bland. There is nothing to warm it up and draw you in.

Super Contributor

@ECBG ...... I wouldn't change a thing, so serenely beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

If anyone is interested in seeing a beautiful restored Victorian, 

decorated in an authentic Victorian style, check out the Silas W. Robbins House In Wethersfield, CT online.  

This place is a B+B, completely restored, which was featured in a Hallmark movie.  While I could not imagine myself living in such a formal setting, it’s lovely to see.

Of course, the Mark Twain House In Hartford, is also amazing.

Not to be missed, if you find yourself “in my neck of the woods.”

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Thank you SO much for the information.  I can't wait to see those design nuggets!!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Check out the colors of the homes in Cape May, NJ which has the greatest concentration of Victorian houses.  

My favorite shore town!  I'm planning on going for a few days the end of next month...LOVE Cape May! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Wow, where to begin!  First of all.... the outside of this home is outstanding. Love the color, gingerbread trims, and landscaping. Love the verse above the stove which my mother often spoke of and I also refer to quite often. 

That fireplace is beautiful.  The way they did the "church chairs" instead of a "church pew" is unique.  I also love that they left some of the old doors and hardwear.  I could live here and be very happy!

Respected Contributor

The porch is my favorite thing about the house.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of Victorian homes but they did do a good job with the exterior.  A touch more color would certainly help.  I didn't care for the interior at all....mainly the lack of color.  Most rooms looked bare and unfinished (as in decor) to me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm not a fan of Victorian homes but they did do a good job with the exterior.  A touch more color would certainly help.  I didn't care for the interior at all....mainly the lack of color.  Most rooms looked bare and unfinished (as in decor) to me.

@shoptilyadropagain 

I think I was finished whit the bland white-tan-brown-black "Vanilla" look before it began!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain 

I think I was finished whit the bland white-tan-brown-black "Vanilla" look before it began!

@ECBG   Same for me!!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown