Honored Contributor

Restored Memories From The Past.

[ Edited ]

All of the following photos have been restored and colorized by Tekgirl.  

Most are photos of her relatives from the past, a few over 100 years ago she is sharing with us.  We don't know these people, but they could be our relatives, too. 

I do not know her personally or anything about her except it's obvious she is very good at restoring and colorizing photos.  

They are interesting to me not only because how beautiful they are, but they provide a glimpse into the way of life during the time the photos were taken.  

As you will see, a few photos over 100 years old look new, the colors vibrant. 

Tekgirl is describing the photos.  (My comments are in parentheses.)  

"This is my grandaunt who just graduated from nursing school in 1905."  

My dad's sister posing near the Asbury Park boardwalk in the 1920s. Photo repaired and enhanced by me.

Kids enjoying the summer on my grandma's front stoop, 1939.

My stunning auntie in the 1930s. They used to say she resembled Jean Harlow. Restored and colorized by me.

My parents on a visit to NYC World's Fair, October 1939. Everyone dressed so nicely back then!

My Dad, probably the only time he rode a horse. In 1934.  (Love that cute car.)

My uncle, the vacuum cleaner salesman, May 1938.  (Does anyone use an Electrolux?)

My Auntie and her Krueger beer. On the beach at Asbury Park, July 1940.

Family kitchen from 1933. I want that fridge! (The refrigerator does look interesting.)

My newlywed Mom fishing.... glamourously... in 1937.  (They even dressed up to go fishing in 1937!)

My Dad and his Hudson, 1948. It's the first car I remember riding in.

My beautiful mom posing on her pop's car in 1932. Repaired and colorized by me.

My Mom holding my brother on a Jersey beach June 1942, long before I came on the scene. Photo restored by me.

A memory from the good old days. My brother's pride and joy, his '57 Ford. (One of Ford's best models.)

I put this in Home because Home is family.  

The End
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Restored Memories From The Past.

About the fridge, it's an ice box. No compressor. The ice man brought the ice to your home.

Electrolux is/was a Sweedish brand. Still in business today. Very coveted by home makers back then. 

Respected Contributor

Beutiful family and restoration work well done!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

Those are breathtaking! Your parents look like movie stars. Thank you for sharing. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee The young woman nurse in the 1st photo I find particularly lovely. And love the dress and hat on the young woman in photo #2.

Respected Contributor

These are wonderful and the restoration work is remarkable. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for sharing these @Foxxee ! I enjoyed them so much!

My favorite is her mom sitting on her father's car. The expression on her face just says it all - it's priceless!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

What beautiful photos!  I liked the pictures of  Asbury Park.  When I was a very young girl, pre school age my family would vacation at Asbury Park.  I still love that beach!  This person did a great job of restoration and colorization of the pictures, an interesting look at a family history through photos.

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.

My family had an Electrolux canister vacuum, lasted over 50 years. I remember it well. 

Respected Contributor

@PinkSparkles wrote:

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.

My family had an Electrolux canister vacuum, lasted over 50 years. I remember it well. 

@Foxxee    Wow!  Wonderful job restoring and coloring those photos - Thank you for sharing them.

Just as @PinkSparkles  mentioned, my family also had an Electrolux canister vac, & they work great and last.