Honored Contributor

Re: Repurposing NAPKIN rings

@SHOPR wrote:

lola, I just noticed that your are Esteemed now.  LOL! What is next?  Exalted?  These titles just get better and better, don't they?  Cat LOL

Now, if only they'd improve the emoticons.

Ah yes, I became "esteemed" a few days ago.  I used to only be "respected", but I'll try not to get a big head about my promotion.  Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I have four of these that I received as a gift.  I found four more, and I think I'm going to use them to display chunky necklaces.

Turtle Napkin Ring - set of 4

I might see if I can find a wooden tray (painted to coordinate) and screw them in to something like this-

Fancy That Mermaid Cove Large Wooden Crate Tray

Esteemed Contributor

I've been promoted to Valued. 

I admit that I miss being called Super, though. 

I miss the vision of Super Shopr flying around with a superhero cape. 

Cat LOL

Image result for superhero cape flying cat

Honored Contributor

@javamt wrote:
Hey you just gave me a project idea.
I have 2 bird napkin rings that I got at my shower (25 years ago!) and as we are a family of 6 now , plus I don't use napkin rings. I am going to use them in a wreath! They really are pretty and I think the birds would work nicely in there! Maybe yellow flowers? With the blue bird napkin rings?

@Java

Oh good!  Will it lift you out of your funk? Cat Happy

Super Contributor

Or add sand put turtles in add plexi glass on top! Or use in guest bathroom to hold finger tip towels? Those are very cute.
Crafting is my boost. I also might subscribe to Globein. Anyone else subscribe? Monthly worldly baskets helping a la Girl Up.
Honored Contributor

@Java@lolakimono  YOU both just gave ME an idea, too!  I have napkin rings that are rabbits and made from a silver metal alloy... a popular line many years ago... and they are pretty!  Will use these in a different way since we don't use bunny napkin rings much!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Here is the finished product with the turtles.  I found a tray at Marshall's, which I got for $12.  I ordered a set of new turtles so that I would have 8.  

Honored Contributor

Here it it with the neclaces (two views)-

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Here is the finished product with the turtles.  I found a tray at Marshall's, which I got for $12.  I ordered a set of new turtles so that I would have 8.  

Unbelievable result. It looks great!  I would love to have the tray itself--what a find at $12.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

Unbelievable result. It looks great!  I would love to have the tray itself--what a find at $12.

@SHOPR

It was $14.99, but if you look on the handles (right side especially) there are some scratches, so I asked for a discount and they gave it to me! Cat Very Happy

They had some nice, solid "nesting" square shaped trays too (3 sizes), which I briefly considered, but I liked the texture of the tray, like a turtle's shell.