Honored Contributor

Replacement bulbs now available for VPH window candles...

Item number H206401. 

These are replacement bulbs for the set of 4 adjustable window candles she has been promoting this month (they were available for sale last year as well). Candle set item # is H207161.

These replacement bulbs are super expensive, at $17.98 plus $3 shipping, for a set of 4.

I'm going to search and see if they might be available elsewhere. I want some, but hope to find them cheaper.

Honored Contributor

Re: Replacement bulbs now available for VPH window candles...

Found some on Brookstone, set of four, but out of stock and no price listed. Look like the same thing.

Honored Contributor

A website called Improvements has some in the $14 range that look like they might work.

And the site Battery Operated Candles has them for $9 each.

So maybe Q's price ain't so bad!

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why these bulbs are necessary.  Valerie said that the candles are equipped with LED bulbs.  During the presentation I saw, she said they'd probably outlast us all.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks, MIO. I was going to order some of her candles, but was afraid that I couldn't find the bulbs. Wow, there has to be a better price somewhere. What is so special about the bulb? Is it the fact that it is brighter on one side than the other. I remember Valerie talking about that. I would love to have window candles......

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I don't understand why these bulbs are necessary.  Valerie said that the candles are equipped with LED bulbs.  During the presentation I saw, she said they'd probably outlast us all.  

@PeterDM

I just ordered a set in case of breakage.  Some of my window ledges are very thin, and these candles (any for that matter) don't sit all the way on. 

I know that sooner or later, one of them is going to fall and break a bulb. They were too expensive to not have a backup plan LOL.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Thanks, MIO. I was going to order some of her candles, but was afraid that I couldn't find the bulbs. Wow, there has to be a better price somewhere. What is so special about the bulb? Is it the fact that it is brighter on one side than the other. I remember Valerie talking about that. I would love to have window candles......

@rosehill

Yep, I think it is because of the dual brightness.  They are very nice quality (I got 12) and I purchased the black ones. My mom had hers last year, and they worked out really well for her.

Don't think the battery life is anything to write home about, so I'm going to delve back into the rechargeable battery market again and try some of those. I had some quite a long time ago, and didn't think they held up well, but I was using them in a camera, and those take lots of battery power. Perhaps they have improved, and LED lighting shouldn't be so hard on them.

If you are up for the investment, these are nice candles for the price. The bases are nice and heavy metal. The candle is plastic, but I have yet to see one that isn't.

My first choice was Luminara window candles, and I have about 6 of their first line with the chamberstick bottoms. I love those in the window most of all, but they are incredibly expensive, so I went with these.

I used to put electric ones in in the fall, and leave them on 24/7 till spring and opening of the windows, but I got so tired of the cords running everywhere. I took them out several years ago, and just did without I was so tired of the mess.

I will miss having candles burning in the windows around the clock, as I love that look both day and night, but this will be a good compromise I hope.

Valued Contributor

MIO, I am going to think about them. I just counted the windows in my house and I would need 4 sets. With tax ( and I have to say something about that- HSN doesn't charge tax- QC does),  they will cost me about $140. That's a little chunk of money- can't make up my mind. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rosehill wrote:

MIO, I am going to think about them. I just counted the windows in my house and I would need 4 sets. With tax ( and I have to say something about that- HSN doesn't charge tax- QC does),  they will cost me about $140. That's a little chunk of money- can't make up my mind. 

@rosehill

I hear you on the cost. I needed 4 sets minimum as well, and I thought long and hard about it. When they came, I put them in about 5 of my front windows, and went outside after dark for a couple of nights to see if I thought they were too bright or to 'flashy'. I was happy enough with the look. I'm usually not attracted to a really bright window candle, and prefer more dim light, and these are kind of in between to me. 

I was intent on deciding and purchasing during CIJ to get the long return policy (until Jan. 31st 2016), and I notice now, that offer doesn't come up when I look at them. Perhaps if they offer them in August on the Christmas day, that will be back.

They do also show them being used inside (not in windows) and I tried that a couple of places, but they are super bright for that. Even if you turn the bright side away from you, the back (bright side) reflects off the wall or whatever, and really lights things up.

These would be great during a power failure, as they are so bright, one in each room would allow you to see and find your way around.

Honored Contributor

'AS IS'  H207275 @rosehillAs Is Set of 4 Window Candles with Timer by Valerie