Respected Contributor

Re: Repainting the spare bedroom

@Mom2Dogs  You mentioned the room only having one window and being dark. One thing you could do is put a mirror across from the window to reflect light. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mom2DogsSherwin Williams has an app that you can take a picture -of your wallpaper for instance-& it will match colors to go with it.

I vote for a soft green, too.

I did my laundry room in soft green with yellow cabinets & it is my favorite room.

Honored Contributor

Go green. 

Honored Contributor

Never paint your walls a color you wouldn't WEAR

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

I used a light (really pale) green, from Beher (Lowe’s), called Coconut Milk.  Looks nothing like Coconut, or Milk.

Sounds as though it might work with your wallpaper.

Good Luck!

LOL @Drythe .  Your post made me laugh.  Don't you just love the names they come up with for paint colors?  Sometimes I wonder how we'd have any clue as to what the color is!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs , I say go for the green.  My kitchen is a lovely green called Distant Meadow.  It is bright and cheerful.  LM

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs   Green IS my favorite color, all things alive outdoors. Definitely try a softer shade.

BTW - we also have medium oak woodwork all throughout the home. It's never been painted except for the kitchen. The home was DH's G'Parents who sold it to us because they wanted him to have it. Great good sidzed over 100 years. We love it and have done so much inside.

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 ...I do have a dressing table with three panels of mirror...there is an overhang on the roof that keeps extra light from coming in the windows.

Esteemed Contributor

Hard to know without seeing it, but I would go with the neutral from the hallways and use pops of color in the room through accessories.