Contributor

Re: Remember decorating BRs & buying colored TP

I was married in 1979 and I remember buying colored toilet paper. 

Respected Contributor

LOL guess white tissues were cheaper because Mom only had them. Oh only had ivory soap, do they still make that? Then guess a sale on dial soap we got that, finally a soap that had a scent. I got a job and somehow this retired lady selling avon came to the house and she loved me, I got hair conditioner (never knew they made that) my aunt stopped selling avon. Bath bubbles (what is that?) I got it all. We had 1 bathroom so with us limited amount of time you could spend in there. I love a nice bathroom, even have pictures on the walls. When my DD was born and had 2 bathrooms (wow 2 bathrooms) I got all the kids bath products. 

Respected Contributor

I watch a show on Buzzer tv called Supermarket Sweep, it was on the air in the ‘90s and they have colored t.p., Kleenex and paper napkins all in colors.

I miss my pink Kleenex and blue t.p.

Respected Contributor

I can remember colored TP and bought it.  Why I switched to white is a mystery to me.  SIL would only buy pink or green because it had to match the tile which was green.  God forbid if she used white -- but she does now because that's all you can buy.  I can remember Scott's costing .39/roll, buying 2 rolls at a time, and was shocked to see a single roll costs $1.39 today.  We now get the giant, economy size it at Costco or BJ's.  No running out at our house.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My Mom never bought colored TP because she thought it was harmful to use. 

I couldn't wait to buy it when I got married in 1980 and I did use it for about 1 year.

It was discontinued shortly after that...Mom was right...the dye was not a good idea.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I remember that and the TP was scented also! 

Occasional Contributor

I remember the colored tissues we used to make ‘carnation’ flowers on cars for weddings and floats.