Respected Contributor

Remember J.J. Peng Lamps Here?

When I was cleaning out my garage I found a couple still in the box....from early in 2008.

I gave them away - the gals loved them.... !! Garage is 99% empty now Smiley Very Happy

Q had such pretty things back then....

J J PENG.jpeg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

Re: Remember J.J. Peng Lamps Here?

My mom had tow of those lamps.  They're in a spare bedroom here.  Hers weren't JJ Peng, they came from Margie on Evine.  I remember her showing them to me when she purchased them and I  was less than enthused.  

I do like them in the room but when I get to renovating that room I have a feeling it will be gone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@cbrite

That's a unique lamp.

Did you not like the style/color?

Might have been a little corner in your home where it would work.

Just curious as I have lots of stained glass lamps.  Some of them I like better than others. 

I bought them long ago when they first appeared on TV and I wasn't as discriminating as I would be now.

However, I got tired of dusty/dirty lampshades, and these solved that problem.  A quick wipe now and then and they are done.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a small butterfly (more like nightlight) lamp of his.  H08774.  I also have a really large butterfly hanging piece that is on one side of a french door.  I have a green version of H11403.  I still enjoy both pieces.  QVC used to sell some really lovely things at reasonable prices.  

Respected Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

I have a small butterfly (more like nightlight) lamp of his.  H08774.  I also have a really large butterfly hanging piece that is on one side of a french door.  I have a green version of H11403.  I still enjoy both pieces.  QVC used to sell some really lovely things at reasonable prices.  

@ceekay, I also have that large butterfly.  I have a odd shaped window very high up in my livingroom and I've hung it there so the light filters through the various colored glass panels.   On a sunny day it looks so pretty.  It's one of my favorite pieces.

I wish QVC still offered those type of unique items.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am amazed everytime i see one of my early Tiffany lamps on the web selling for hundreds.

Even my old  santa lamp   Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I wish they would have stained glass shows so we could see them live. I have several but would upgrade my collection if I could see them.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

They used to offer far more variety in their home furnishings and decorative items than they do now, especially with what they show on the air, which is one of the big reasons I rarely watch anymore. I'm tired of the same sorts of merchandise being presented to the exclusion of a more interesting range of products.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman I guess I just don't need these things anymore. And it's odd how they put the glass shades down...fall out easy and break. I had a much lighter pinkish and many fell out and broke and was a mess,, lol..no point in a lamp w/o shades. I have ordered so many over the years... I figure if they're all out in the garage after so long, I don't need them now...  I have no kids nor family to give them to either. I've reached an age where less is more practical now, for me. 

These lamps and the Royal Palace Rugs are/were so lovely once here at the Q......My rugs have lasted many years and people come in and ask for them....Not going to let those go quite yet. Smiley Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@stevieb I agree with you....It's not at all like watching the old Q.....Smiley Sad   

-Do Not Copy Pls-