Honored Contributor

IMO, the rug, sofa and chair are fighting each other for attention.  Too much for the eye.  For the rug, I'd use a more subdued print with touches of the sofa color.  

Those candles look out of place.  Too many pillows on the sofa. 

Couldn't live with this bright orangish-red color, but with a few adjustments, I might survive it for a week. 

Honored Contributor

It's a well-designed room.

I don't care for red, but this room is very appealing.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes to all except the lamp shades. Print is very visually distracting in the middle of the room.

Respected Contributor

I like it because it is the color scheme I now have in my living room. My couch is a blue red, but my accents are also gold and deep turquoise. My couch is a sectional, so it can take several pillows without looking crowded.

I went with burlap lamp shades and I also have a charcoal gray barrel chair to kind of ground everything. 

Esteemed Contributor

No to the lampshades and rug!!  The rest is just okay.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it.  I might tone down the rug and pillows just a smidge but it's not necessary.  I'm in the market for a new sofa and have thought about getting a red one.  I remember being at a furniture store several years ago and falling in love with a red one.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I do really like this, but maybe with a lighter rug.....It is very pretty and reminds me of my sister in law who loves to decorate with Red.

Honored Contributor

I really like the red couch.  

I hate the lamps and the rug is too much.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Well, you know me and my love for RED. Our last set of LR furn was red leather - I HAD to have it. I kept seeing furn ads on tv that for some reason featured lots of red sofas. I found a set in a local store and bought it. LOVED IT! Needed new after some years, hated to see it go.

In fact I'm ready to replace what we have currently and go back to RED!

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   I agree, there is way too much going on this room, a few things just don't fit in.

And the color does appear more orange-red so the reds almost clash with the sofa & chair. I do love the rug however.