Esteemed Contributor

Recs for outdoor/waterproof flameless candles

I want to hang a lantern with candles at my front drive.

Are there any flameless candles that will hold up to the weather?

Thanks in advance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recs for outdoor/waterproof flameless candles

I have the candle impressions outdoor candles,had luck with them, do a search for best prices.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I finally found them while searching the site.

Also found a lovely solar powered round lantern, but it is on waitlist.  However, it did NOT say it was weather resistant, so not sure it would hold up in the rain.

Might be easier to get a single candle and use a lantern I already had and not depend on the solar panel for light.

Honored Contributor

Check out amazon, get candles that use c or d batteries,because other wise the a batteries just do not last long.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have used several Luminar outdoor candles and lanterns and they are holding up rather well.

They need to be cleaned often, and there is a bit of crevice rust that shows up, but so far, after one year of use, I've been able to wipe it off and it doesn't continue to show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

My experience with Luminara has been abysmal. 

In less than 2 years all but 2 out of 18 stopped working.  Of course, could not return to Q, so contacted the website several times with no luck. These were inside candles.

Will never purchase them again.  They look lovely, but too expensive to throw in the trash after so short a time. 

My CI candles are still going strong.

I know some have had them go on forever, but I must have gotten a bad batchCat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman, If a 4 inch tall x 2.5 inch wide white outdoor candle will work for your lantern idea, Mirage by CI makes one in that size.  I see it available at Hobby Lobby (always a coupon) and Battery Operated Candles.  There may be other sizes somewhere out there but I'm not sure.  

I hesitate to recommend it since I haven't seen it or tried it, but it might be a good alternative for the Luminara look.  It takes two C batteries and has a 1 to 23 hour programmable timer. 

White Mirage Outdoor LED Candle - 2 1/2" x 4"

Honored Contributor

I have had my Candle Impressions outdoor candles for many years and they are still going strong. 

I live on the water with salt in the air and wind. I have no complaints about them at all......and the battery life can't be beat.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Mominohio

My experience with Luminara has been abysmal. 

In less than 2 years all but 2 out of 18 stopped working.  Of course, could not return to Q, so contacted the website several times with no luck. These were inside candles.

Will never purchase them again.  They look lovely, but too expensive to throw in the trash after so short a time. 

My CI candles are still going strong.

I know some have had them go on forever, but I must have gotten a bad batchCat LOL

Wow @Witchy Woman! That is a horribel fail rate! 

Were they indoor or outdoor ones? 

All the same, or a cross section of various models?

I love CI regular and their Mirage line. Really the best and longest lasting candles in the business.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

They were all indoor.  All the same size.

Some would start to flicker and stop.  Or just stop.  A battery change didn't help.

I could not think of any way to remedy the problems.  It's not like they can be taken apart and repaired.  When they are dead, they're dead.

So, I just cannot bring myself to spend more money on them hoping they will work.