Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a deck umbrella please.

I got one at Kohls several years ago. I'm not certain if they are selling them now. You might try Costco also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam   Christmas Tree Shops website has some good deals and some money off for first time e-mail subscribers.  They also often have a code to use for free shipping at a certain dollar amount for an order.  Depending on where you live they do have brick and mortar stores, too, which are usually extremely busy, and even moreso on weekends.

I got some really nice outdoor chair cushions from them last spring along with some small planters.

They also participate in Rakuten (which used to be Ebates).

Edited to add:  Last day to use their website to order online is June 13th.  After that date the website will only be used to explore what is in their b & m stores and will maintain customer's prior online order histories.

Interesting direction they are moving in.  Exploring their stores in person IS much more fun.

Trusted Contributor

I own two umbrellas, both sitting out in the ferocious FL sun. One is 7.5 foot, 4 years old, purchased at Pier 1 on sale for $99. The other is 9 foot, 3 years old, purchased from amazon for around $250.  The 9 foot one is by California Umbrella — you can find at lots of places like Wayfair and Hayneedle. Many colors; mine are a sky blue and a light teal. Here’s the thing. You can buy an inexpensive polyester umbrella which will be described as fade resistant, but it’s really not. A polyester umbrella needs to be replaced every 2 years in our all day hot sun. Or you can pay more and buy a Sunbrella fabric umbrella which is much more durable but more expensive. Sunbrella fabric will not fade, rot or mildew. Mine are both Sunbrella. So you have a choice depending on your climate and price point. The umbrellas sold on Q are an olefin fabric, which is a high end poly, but still not as good as Sunbrella. Q’s umbrellas do fade. Good luck. Great umbrella buys can be found in late summer. 

Honored Contributor

Another Thank You to all who gave me such fantastic suggestions for a deck umbrella!

In-laws gifted us with one over the holiday weekend as they had purchased two and then forgot about this one, lol. Came from a posh fireplace and deck furniture store somewhere in Baltimore; heavy duty, well made and looks great. Has a built in spf as well (is that common?). Sunbrella is the manufacturer (there is a tag hanging off it as it's still wrapped up).

In any event, thank you all again!!!