Honored Contributor

Recommendations for a deck umbrella please.

Ours has finally died. Looking for a large deck umbrella that is sturdy, no lights. Already have a stand. TIA!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for a deck umbrella please.

I have a covered porch so not an expert.  Years ago went to a professional deck & patio store and saw beautiful big strong umbrellas.  I, personally, would not buy an inexpensive one due to so many weather situations.  I would spend $200 or more for a good one.  Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt  Do they make them for less than a few hundred? I know I see them discounted once the summer season is over in to order make room for winter stuff. I'm looking for a "brand" suggestion, I guess.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIamI bought 2 umbrellas last spring from Target. I knew that I wanted yellow & I searched for the style & price that I wanted.

They are 9' aluminum umbrella & the brand is California Umbrella. 

I waited until they were on sale & paid $78 a piece for them. They are very pretty & sturdy. They haven't faded at all.

I do try to remember to lay them down if it is windy or stormy & I put them in the shed over the winter.

Maybe a $200 umbrella would be better, but I am not sure how.

At some point you are going to forget to put them down & they are going to blow into the neighbors yard & break a spine or two. It's less painful if you paid less for it.

Or if you just want to switch colors.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I've had good luck with the AtLesiure and Veranda brands.  I try to find them on sale before or after the season so it's more budget friendly QVC usually has one as a TSV and that's usually a decent price. If you can fid one tnat has the Olefin fabri they do very well with holding up and not fading. 

Contributor

Try Wayfair! That’s where I got mine. It’s sturdy and thick material. Less than $100, actually $78 I believe. 2  day free shipping to boot!

Respected Contributor

I would go to WalMart and get one there.  If a storm takes it, then you won't be out much.  I bring mine in each time I use it but didn't see putting a huge amount into it if a sudden storm should come up and I had to choose between saving the food or the umbrella, I wouldn't be out much.  I didn't want anything fancy but one that was stable, tilted and in a pretty color.  I'm sure Target would have one as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it depends on how much you want to spend! We bought our last large patio umbrella 5 years ago at Lowe's for less than $70. I'd never order one online since I can find one at so many local stores.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  I would consider looking at Pottery Barn.  They are always having sales -- maybe one is going on now.  Other than that do a Google and see what comes up and read reviews.  Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  5/24, I was just looking at Pottery Barn and their umbrellas are fade resistant and water repellant.  They have the canopy for $129 and the heavy base for $99 in solid colors or 2 different stripes.  Check it out.

kindness is strength