Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Absorbent Bath towels

Do not rinse your towels (bath or kitchen) in Fab Softener instead use white vinegar. Makes the towels aslo soft but very absorbent.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

LL Bean has organic turkish cotton bath towel sets.  I have several sets of these and they last forever and are great with absorbtion.  They are the best.  As far as kitchen towels, that's been hit or miss for me for years........at this point I don't know if I will ever find the perfect one.  I have to admit though I am very picky about the feel of them, can't be too thick or too thin or on and on......I do love tea towels though, but I use those for draining dishes on my counter top.

Respected Contributor

I got some turkish cotton towels at Costco and they are wonderful!  They have waffle texture woven into the loops and they look and feel so luxurious. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Absorbent towels

@Glorimar wrote:

NickNack, I just edited my post. I'm looking for both kithcen and bath towels. Thank you.

@Glorimar   The best bath towels I've ever had are from Frontgate.   They are expensive, so I only have one set.  I wash them and hang them right back up. They are wonderful!  I've had mine for many years.  Pottery Barn has nice bath towels, too.

The kitchen towels that I like a lot are the ribbed kitchen towels from Sur La Table.  They're 100% Turkish cotton.

Don't ever use fabric softener on towels.  I hope this is helpful!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

If you have a local Costco the Charisma towels are very absorbent and you can buy the towels individually... bath, wash, hand ...etc. The price on-line is not as good as in person and they do have other colors than what shows on-line. I've given these out as gifts at Christmas time and then I will get a call asking "where did you get those towels?" 

Can't help w/ the dish towels as I buy at a local Kroger store (Fred Myers). They are great, but brand is their own.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I have several sets of the Sonoma Quick Dry Ribbed Bath Towels from Kohls.  We love them.  Very soft and very absorbent.

I never use fabric softener on them.  I just use my wool dryer balls.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Quit using fabric softener and make sure you're not using too much detergent. Love Costco towels.
Respected Contributor

Recently, I bought new bathroom towels from Macy's. Martha Stewart Collection is very good and I also bought Macy's Hotel Collection. Both are all cotton. Turkish cotton is the best and I also recently purchased Kassatex towels which are made in Turkey. Those came from the Cape May Company.

As others have mentioned, do not use fabric softener on towels.

I don't use it on anything, it leaves a coating on fibers. I use dryer balls instead of softeners.

I also only buy all cotton 

kitchen towels from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Valued Contributor

I purchased the fieldcrest luxury Egyptian cotton bath towel sometime ago. These are very absorbent and i found that the prices are reasonable. They wash well and so far I haven't had any complaints. 

as for kitchen towels, I get mine at Williams Sonoma.

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar  Hydrocotton Organic Quick-Dry towels (actually they are on sale right now) at Pottery Barn.  I own this particular towel and it is quick absorbent -- love them.  They come in about 6 different colors.

Hydrocotton Organic Quick-Dry Towels

kindness is strength