Regular Contributor

Recommendations for Absorbent Bath towels

[ Edited ]

Edit: Didn't specify I meant bath towels. But now that I think of it, kitchen towels too! I'm searching for soft, absorbent towels. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Absorbent towels

The best I have found that doesn't fall apart is Bounty paper towels.  We prefer the "select a size".  Sometimes you need to pick up something on the counter that would take a lot of clorox to clean the dish cloth!

Respected Contributor

Are you talking about bath towels ???   Good Luck .. I have a

similar problem ...

Honored Contributor

@Glorimar   What kind of towels are you asking about?  I can make recommendations for bath towels, kitchen towels or paper towels.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

If it 's bath towels - read reviews for QVC brand.  I don't recall if they have other than Northern Nights; but OMG do they ever absorb.  One swish over the body and water is gone.

I didn't care for their sheets - but whatever 'name' I bought - best I've ever owned.  And soft and pretty colors.

Regular Contributor

NickNack, I just edited my post. I'm looking for both kithcen and bath towels. Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Absorbent Bath towels

I recently bought some bath towels at Homegoods/Marshalls/TJ Maxx that I love. They are made of cotton and rayon(bamboo)  They are the softest bath towels I have ever used. They get softer with each wash and they dry quickly. And the best part is that they were just $7.99 each!  The colors are limited since they use natural dyes. I got gray but would have preferred tan. 

Respected Contributor

I just mentioned this to a friend the other day. I like my old thin towels that I've had a long time (though ratty). The new ones seem to never really dry your skin and the towels never seem to get dry after use. What the heck do they coat them with? I don't use softener or a dryer.

Valued Contributor

I was on the same mission about a year ago. What I ended up getting were Amazon basics 100% cotton terry fast drying and I am very happy with them. Bought bath towels, hand towels, washcloths.

For kitchen towels I ended up buying a large package of 100% cotton terry bar mop towels and a large package of flour sack towels as I like clean kitchen towels several times a week and sometimes a couple times a day!

The price on the Amazon towels changes frequently so if you're interested, I'd save them in your cart for awhile and price watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Recommendations for Absorbent Bath towels

[ Edited ]

You might check out Better Homes & Gardens at WalMart. I used to get all my towels from Macy's, BBB or JCP. Last time I bought bath towels was because I was in search of a specific peach color. I am happy with the BH&G quality - 100% cotton.