Respected Contributor

Re: Recommendation New Kitchen Flooring After Water Damage

@Kachina624

Both the kitchens at home and mountain place have thick area Oriental carpets because the flooring is hard on our legs, to say nothing of the coldness in winter.image.jpegimage.jpg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Re: Recommendation New Kitchen Flooring After Water Damage

We updated our kitchen two years ago and had Armstrong sheet vinyl which stood up great for almost 20 years. I wanted something different with the new granite countertops and looked at every type of flooring out there I think. Porcelain tile is nice but this is an old house, a slanted area at entrance to kitchen so chose LVT as they call luxory vinyl tiles.

I chose vinly tile by Shaw Array tile and great pricing and it get grouted just like tile. I just LOVE it!!!! Here is a picture of the Sunlit Sand color I have but not in this "versailles" pattern which I love but room too small to pull it off.

I say bring home tons of samples and read the reviews on the Congoleum and Armstrong vinyl tiles. People seem to love it or hate it, but again we chose Shaw brand and pricing was terrific.This picture is from a google search for Shaw Resort tile.shaw-array-resort-versailles-tile-sunlit-sand-20.jpg