Frequent Contributor

Re: Received Serta Hotel Mattress today

I was saying they posted No  Reviews about this Mattresss that I ever saw. I thought you said the same thing. Now they renamed the Exact same Mattress

tonight. They control the reviews that way. I follow their rules....but even when you do they do disappear. I bet they would Not take your call on this mattress. I am so Disgusted with this. Listening to the selling pitch is such Bull. Imagine these poor soles that Buy this one will have it sitting waiting for it to be picked up Through Thanksgiving & into Christmas rush now.  Like the delivery guy said...They get A Lot of Them Back!!

Contributor

Very strange - they presented this as if it was part of their hotel line but on the SERTA web site it is in their Perfect Sleeper collection and NOT in their Hotel Collection hmmmm. Also in their presentation they showed 2 fairly thick pieces of Memory Gel foam that  supposedly showed the thickness of the 2 layers in the mattress but on their web site it lists 2 layers of 1/2" memory gel foam - those pieces they showed in the presentation were far thicker than 1/2". Finally on the SERTA site they list the firmness of this mattress as halfway between soft and firm - from the posts I have read that does not seem accurate. I guess I will be cancelling my order  as my EDD is 11/27 so canceling it should still be an option. If not I was told by QVC customer service I can refuse delivery and they take it back on the spot so no worries about having to have it picked up.

Valued Contributor

I love the new smell of my new Serta.  It is not overpowering but smells OK to me.  Mine is also soft with a firm support underneath, but not HARD like some of the reviews on this mattress.  I bought the Serta Dynamism back in January when it was a TSV.   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's impossible to compare matresses - even if it's the same brand, same size, looks the same, etc. The manufacturer puts different serial numbers - and mattress designs/colors --- so that the public is NOT able to compare. Google Serta, Sealy, Spring Air mattresses. Tons of complaints. These mattress companies sold out ----- to investors and hedge-funds - who only care about making lots of money. Years ago, u could buy almost any mattress and it would feel comfortable - remember the past???? Today --- it's a challenge. NEVER buy from QVC or an on-line site. Also, buy American made. 

1-1/2 yrs ago, I bought 3 of the same full mattresses for my spare bedrooms. I googled many mattress sites - until I learned what's going on - with all the foam they're putting in mattresses - to make them thicker, crappier, smellier, and more expensive. Some mattresses are made outside the U.S. - and some were someone's old mattress and the companies made them look like new.

I went to my local mattress store and bought Englander (recommended by the salesman) - and paid $400 each. I also laid down on the mattress. These mattresses were actually made a couple hours from my home - in southern Calif. American-made and had little foam. Free delivery, no sales tax, free bed-frames and set-up --- and they took away my old mattresses (which I purchased from this same store 13 years prior). These mattresses were for my spare rooms -- guests who stayed over - all said the mattresses were comfortable.

When checking QVC's Serta mattress comments on this site ---- where are the GREAT reviews. NOT!!!! I'll bet the Serta mattresses that QVC sells regularly - were made for the Q. There's big profit in mattresses.

I suggest u call QVC Customer Svce and voice ur complaint --- QVC should be responsible for the return - NOT YOU!!!! About those 10 year warranties ---- Serta NEVER honors their own warranties. Google all this information -- so many complaints. I don't trust QVC anymore!!!!!