Esteemed Contributor

Reccomendations for an inflatable bed

I have family coming to visit mid-June and I need an extra bed for the Granddaughter.

Anything special to look for when purchasing one?

Respected Contributor

Re: Reccomendations for an inflatable bed

Aero Bed twin size would be ideal for one person. They are easy to inflate with their automatic pump system. I have slept on mine many times.

Respected Contributor

I second Aero.  I like the one that has a little raise at the head.  They are great and last for many years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an Intex with an internal pump. Sits up high off the floor and very comfy.

It has a stability tube of air around the base so it keeps it from moving or slipping out from under you. Sheets go on it and stay. The inflate button can be accessed while you're on it and you can make it firmer or softer by pushing a switch.

The mattress came with a carry bag but I put mine inside a rolling piece of luggage and that made it easier to move around and store.

Respected Contributor

I bought the King Koil Luxury Queen Size Air Bed from Amazon. I moved across the country via airplane and had to wait 2+ weeks for my belongings to arrive with the movers.

It's a 20" high air bed. The air can be adjusted to be the most comfortable; there is a firmer edge around it; the pillow area is a bit raised; it's durable; and it has a built-in pump. Idk if it comes any smaller than Queen, & Queen sheets fit perfectly.

I was nervous that I'd find the air bed to be difficult to sleep on, but it was a wonderful 5-star lifesaver!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Queen size aerobed is the best size to get as it can be used for more than one person if necessary, like a grandpa sleeping next to the three year old who refuses to get in our bed or his own bed....😬we bought another one with the headboard type thing on it and our son borrows it often. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

I've found that for me sleeping on an air mattress can be uncomfortably cold if the air inside the mattress is cold, as it often would be.  It helped to put a couple blankets like a bed pad then the sheet or whatever you put on top of those blankets.

Respected Contributor

Hwe have had a queen aerobed for years. Very sturdy. Only downside is older people may have a hard time getting up and down when using it. I use it mostly for our grandkids.