Valued Contributor

Re: Rearranging Your Furniture ~ How Often?

NEVER

Respected Contributor

Well, put it this way... one never knows when they come back to my house... except for the couch... I usually never seem to move that... I get bored with things and then I am like “hmmm, let’s try you over there instead” and then that turns into “well now, I have to move you too”, and so on... 

So,  in other words, it probably really would be best if I never would move a thing - hahaha - like that would ever happen.... 

I love decorating though, so to me it is not work, just fun to see what I can come up with and see how it looks and works in the space.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once I found the best furniture arrangement for my greatroom,  there's no reason to move it and I haven't except to clean, for 14 years.  I'll never tire of it this way.  The last home I lived in I was always moving things around because I never liked what I tried but after playing around with this current home the first couple years I lived here, once I hit on the best place to put things, it just seems perfect to me.  

Respected Contributor

Once I'm comfortable with the arrangement, I don't move anything around.  

I don't have a lot of little pieces of furniture.  I don't see the point in moving big pieces of furniture around.  

Valued Contributor

When I moved here over 11 years ago, I pretty much bought furniture to fit.  I brought only a few pieces from my old place, that I knew would coordinate well. My thinking was that it was the only and probably last time I would have the opportunity to decorate everything exactly to my liking and I really liked the way it turned out. 

Fast forward, I haven't rearranged anything since. I feel "anxious" when I experiment with even moving chairs around. A few months ago when my grandsons stopped by I announced that I had redecorated.  LOL, that consisted of swapping the positions of the knife block set and the cookie jar on the kitchen counter.  They too had been in their same positions since I moved here.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I am a bit surprised at all the NEVERS and the way they were expressed.

Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee  I don't move furniture in this house, too many windows/sliders, but I do decorate for every season, and that changes from year to year as I rotate, so it never gets boring. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I did change things up occasionally, in the past. Mostly the living room, as everything else pretty much has a set space that it fits in. My dog has recently gone blind, so things will stay in their current spots, for her.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I was a child, teen, and young adult living at home, my parents let me rearrange my bedroom as often as I wanted. It was a large space so there were lots of options. I rearranged it twice a year. 

In my current home, I rarely rearrange. We have a tradional house with small rooms. With windows, vents, and a dog, there seems to be one best way to arrange furniture. My piano needs to be kept on an inside wall so that limits possibilities too. 

Trusted Contributor

ughhh wish i could,,, my apt is small, and with my big couch, chair and too much other furniture in my apt i cant re arrange... i tried moving couch around, but then it takes up too much space and livingroom looks so much smaller.... so furniture stays where it is...