Honored Contributor

Re: Really Pretty Placemats!

@PamfromCT wrote:

@ECBG, Your home at Christmas is gorgeous.  Love all your decor and Christmas decorations.  And that pup is a cutie, too.

@PamfromCT 

Thank you.  The pups are my "grandpups".  Our son brought them because we had lost our big 15 year old a few months earlier.

20210205_162605.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt @Katcat1 @wilma @PamfromCT 

@Nonametoday 

I went with denim placemats, no pocket.  She was extremely nice about not sewing around them in orange-ugh!  Mine are being done in navy.

I used HappyLemon. Quite a joyful young lady!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG, What a precious little pup!  Looks like a little 💕 love bug to me.  How sweet of your son to make you so happy.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

What an adorable pup, such a soulful face! Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Pfaltzgraff...a classic! 

I never had Pfaltzgraff dishes but something similar when I first got married.  The quality wasn't as good and they started to chip.  I replaced mine with Fiestaware in several colors.

@haddon9 

Fiestaware is such a smile!  There was a placemat in Etsy that would be so cute with your set.  It was your colors in thick diagonal lines with irregular edges on a white background.  

Honored Contributor

I bought placemats at Kohl's awhile ago.  They are so pretty and I use them for my my night tables in the bedrooms.  They look lovely under the lamps and you wouldn't even know they were placemats.  The floral patterns have colors which match the decor in the rooms also.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

Love your Pfaltzgraff! 

I had a huge set of this pattern that I picked up at Goodwill for super cheap back in the 90's as I recall. It was my second choice of pattern, but matched so very well with my decor back in the day. I really always wanted Folk Art, as I felt it was more in line with my Rowe Pottery collection, and my more country/primitive style at the time, but I could never find it cheap second hand. 

So I used the Yorktown for awhile, until one day I stumbled across a set of Folk Art, again in a Goodwill and bought it up. Not as many pieces and accessories, but displays and works great in my area. I sold off the huge set of Yorktown, pretty cheap. 

I also have a huge set of Village with all the bazillions of accessories that was my mom's back in the day. I use it sometimes too. 

I've always like Pfaltzgraff patterns.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@ECBG 

Love your Pfaltzgraff! 

I had a huge set of this pattern that I picked up at Goodwill for super cheap back in the 90's as I recall. It was my second choice of pattern, but matched so very well with my decor back in the day. I really always wanted Folk Art, as I felt it was more in line with my Rowe Pottery collection, and my more country/primitive style at the time, but I could never find it cheap second hand. 

So I used the Yorktown for awhile, until one day I stumbled across a set of Folk Art, again in a Goodwill and bought it up. Not as many pieces and accessories, but displays and works great in my area. I sold off the huge set of Yorktown, pretty cheap. 

I also have a huge set of Village with all the bazillions of accessories that was my mom's back in the day. I use it sometimes too. 

I've always like Pfaltzgraff patterns.

@Mominohio 

For me, Pfaltzgraff has always "killed it"!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I had that dinner ware years ago - Finally let it go about 6 years ago.

I did like it but was pretty heavy.